VLC Player vs MX Player vs Amazon

So Amazon is buying MX Player. Amazon wants to know everything I’m watching. MX Player has long been my default player on many 3rd party apps. Color me paranoid, but I just don’t trust Amazon! Does anyone have experience with another player such as VLC? How does VLC work within APKs? Should we abandon MX Player? Opinions?

1 Like

VLC is my go-to player when using an external player. I like MX Pro also, and they used to be my go-to, but they have dropped the ball in recent months and years. Now with Bezos getting involved I only see conflict on the horizon for MX Pro. jus my 2¢

4 Likes

VLC has long been my fav, opensource player

6 Likes

I have always had better luck with VLC. I think it is very underrated.

4 Likes

MX player got popular because of people (such as Troy) recommending it. But, VLC has always been superior as far as functionality.

3 Likes

Just player is just as good.

1 Like

This slipped under my radar but I might give a shot since MX player might be going south, so to speak.

1 Like

justplayer is good also it has all the codecs

1 Like

Is this the one you are talking about?

Just (Video) Player - Apps on Google Play

Yes, That would be the one.

2 Likes

You were right. You’re paranoid!

1 Like

VLC is my go-to external player for movies and series on **** and via Firestick. It’s fast, seamless, and integrates well with **** Smarters PRO. MX Player is a good backup choice in rare cases when certain codecs aren’t supported by VLC; however, I find MX Player to be seamless but slow to pop up and slower to select the required codec. I also use Kodi as an external player backup, though it’s not as smooth or integrated on startup as VLC or MX Player. However, it works for very odd codecs when the other two players don’t. The VLC and MX application’s I mentioned are found for free in the Fire stick Amazon repository. The Kodi application (side loaded via downloader from the Kodi website). It is possible the MX player PRO which would have to be acquired from an external source should be a better choice if I understand why one would pay for premium as in it gives you better playback options.

1 Like

VLC is also my preferred external player. But I’m mostly using Tivimate now, and I’m not sure what player they are using, but it just works.

Does anyone use an external player like VLC in Tivimate?

Every now and then I will, especially when streaming a VOD Movie/TV show, but the native player in Tivimate is pretty good.

1 Like

I must be in the minority here,I use Nova media player,have used it for years,and it’s my absolute favorite.If you haven’t tried it give it a go,don’t think you will be disappointed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.