US Bill S. 686: The Restrict Act - 20 Years in Prison for VPN Use?

I agree with what ur saying … there is nothing in the Bill that states VPN… I know read between the lines everyone going to say… If you dont deal with any of the foreign countries they name in the bill , as AJS1 says unless they spell it out… if you dont deal with any foreign transactions such they specify… which dought any of do… I am going to wait and see what happens… will they dummy this bill down so that everyone can understand it… lets see!!!

1 Like

A door that is opened can let anything in.

You mean like the southern border. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

I would like to know if this is still the land of the free. Sounds like a rare version of communism for what they are trying to do.

To add to this crazy situation I wonder how many politicians are going to make money on this bill. It use to be the government control everything but now you have big corporations trying to run the country. I wonder how our children and our grandchildren will be 20 or thirty years from now. Plus they have the nerve too wonder why everybody doesn’t vote.

1 Like

its basically patriot act 2.0 if they get away with it. Freedom erodes with most everything congress does. It started with tictok…but they want more control and no privacy for the people. Why, they dont trust the people, simple. Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose… hmm might be a song in there somewhere.

I did receive this via Express blog that helps clear things up a bit. Currently is doesn’t appear that the Gov’t will be going after “Ordinary Citizens”. Whether this is what the final is or not, a little sigh of relief at the moment

1 Like

The first step leads to the last straw.

These things are all initiated under the guise of altruism, but the end result is far from altruistic and will eventually lead to government subjugation.

Wolf - Made with Clipchamp

2 Likes

The problem with this pending bill is it’s over-reach. Lots of stuff in there that has nothing to do with Tiktok. Giving government way too much power over our choices. It’s like the Patriot Act for streaming.

People should be getting 20 years in prison for NOT using a VPN lol.

the following tells us that VPNs aren’t even mentioned in the act.

2 Likes

remember what the Patriot act was for? Says one thing but does another. They used 911 as a reason and a great name Patriot to get everyone to rally around it. Well nothing patriotic about the act. Same here imho, Tictoc is the bad guy but is it really? maybe so but theres the rally point.

We can keep that info here.

Tiktoc is a horrible app and should be gone, however this bill is not about that. Its to control you and make the country a police state.

Once again the dark net still operates and alot of the dark crap these rich elite do can be found on a deep search. This is a power play and they hope you dont fight back. Dont take this laying down. Use vpns and proxies.

They should specifically name Tic Toc in there act and take care of business. Leave the rest of us alone.

1 Like

The most hilarious part of this is the nasa has been monitoring and stealing your data for along time… still do it. Facebook, twitter and a whole wack of big tech do this all the time… so why arent they under the knife?

Social media has it’s place. where that is I don’t know and don’t participate. People have a choice to do the right thing.

1 Like

I’m certain the USA does its own fair share of spying on us and any other country around the world. This One World Order is trying to become a reality and that is what all the countries around the world are positioning themselves for.

Why else is China, Russia, N. Korea, Middle East and a few other nations beginning to form their own counter alliance?

I see bad things on the horizon for the so-called “Free World”! If you are 50 and younger. You will live to see the ramifications of this movement…and it ain’t gonna be good!

What pisses me off is I have to pay the phone company not to print my phone number in their book. I also have to pay the three credit report companies so they don’t allow my information to go to businesses. Why should I have to pay these damn people not to list my information or why should I have to pay credit report companies not to report my information. The credit report company should have to pay me to use my information to sell it to companies.

3 Likes

That’s part of the so-called “Free” country we live in.
Clown color shift - GIF

The big question is why is government interfering with private companies. The reason I think is the government doesn’t control the country anymore big business does!!!

3 Likes