US Bill S. 686: The Restrict Act - 20 Years in Prison for VPN Use?

5 Likes

Thank you for this post, lets discuss this rationally please.

This is also a vesrion of Canada’s control the internet crap. Its all bs, its against your rights fight it and continue to support free internet.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I do not understand much with politics, policies, etc, but things like this concern me. I feel like they are trying to take away what we enjoy, which is a pretty helpless feeling. I do know that plenty of Bills get proposed and never put into law, so here is hoping that we can come to our senses before it gets through.

5 Likes

I doubt if I will live 20 more years. So, I say …
MM psy finger - Made with Clipchamp

8 Likes

Science

7 Likes

This is hilarious as the same people in power do some nasty crap on the dark web which also cant be regulated… so good luck with this.

5 Likes

Congress has much more important things to worry about! like the economy, homelessness and crime. They need to get there heads out of there assess!!

6 Likes

Totally Agree Agree Agree!!!

2 Likes

People worry about when they try to sign up for some kind of streaming service that what kind of payment are they going to be able to make without giving the service all their information. Try to use crypto try to use PayPal try to use debit cards what have you. People sign up and use tick tock and all that information is in their phone goes right straight to the Chinese communist party. So I don’t know somebody tell me if I’m streaming using a VPN is that a threat to the United States am I streaming with an adversary country… remember the secretary would have to specifically identify what actions illegal and be very specific about identifying it. I wouldn’t worry about it until the secretary Republican or Democrat conservative or liberal specifically identifies a VPN and or streaming action. It’s kind of like this, how many IPTV services explicitly advertise on the internet and you never see ACE chase their ass down.

1 Like

Just because ACE hasn’t, doesn’t mean they won’t.

As far as identifying specifics when the government wishes to take action is almost laughable. In the light of recent malfeasants the governments around the world, including the USA, are doing on a daily basis with impunity makes one truly wonder the direction of the “free” world is heading.

End of World - Made with Clipchamp

1 Like

“If it bleeds it leads.” Fear and Hate sell. CHILL OUT
JFK will have to take orders from the Pope. If Obama wins, you will be forced to follow Shia Law and join a mosque. Chill
Canada’s restrictive internet laws will incarcerate Dragoo
Utah’s new legislation effectively bans The Bible from schools, Yes, and they’ll fix it. Chill
Stay alert but aware. Eleven Republican and Eleven Democratic Senators have sponsored or co-sponsored this bill. Maybe they really aren’t out to get you.
Proposed legislation gets debated and modified. Aware and informed, yes.

1 Like

If any of y’all had watched the House committee’s grilling of Tik Tok’s CEO, about the only two members who lived in the 21st century were the chair and the ranking member.

The ignorance displayed was bi partisan…you’d think that at least someone on each of their staffs would be digitally competent.

Tik Tok’s a problem, no doubt, but even if legislation is passed, I’d have little confidence that, one, it would effectively address the issues and, two, that the law(s) passed would actually be enforceable.

2 Likes

You’re right people still sign up for tick tock

Armageddon is prophesied it may very well happen.

For those who watch real news programming…this bill is under fire

1 Like

I would hope so too.

Does the U.S have a bill of human rights ?

UK and EU law states the following

Article 8 of the Human Rights Act protects our privacy, our family life, our home and our communications.

Human rights are apart of every country and democracy. Its sad that nobody seems to understand their rights or human rights. Please research it and understand it. You cant go to jail for using a vpn to access an app. If that where true then the dark web wouldn’t be a thing.

1 Like

Thanks.
I live in England so know English law, so one would think that protecting our privacy and our communications was a law that cannot be infringed.
The UK also has a data protection act, whereby all data is protected and no one can infringe that right.

Government generally protects their own and that’s it. Martha Stewart went to jail for doing the same thing Pelosi did.

3 Likes