US Bill S. 686: The Restrict Act - 20 Years in Prison for VPN Use?

The House of Reps has a similar bill call the “Data Act” with bipartisan support also

1 Like

Besides there’s bigger fish to fry here, like being called a terrorists for kicking some teacher’s ass because they try to change your child’s gender.

8 Likes

Canada has the worst ban, and prices we pay 125.00 for internet fees a month and for basic cable another 80.00 month that over 200.00 a month just to watch crappy tv repeats. then netflix another 22.00 a month. Somthing has to be done.

3 Likes

@rtotem1 I couldn’t agree more with you. It takes more of us, but here is what most on this site are doing. Break away from cable completely, find and use other sources for your movie and tv series than Netflix, investigate the expanding market of IPTV and just self education about choice. I hope satellite internet provides relief from high cost. “The Free Hand” that Adam Smith wrote about is still relevant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/02/03/tiktok-delete-advice/

Quote “The best thing that could ​​come out of this scare is that Congress finally realizes we need privacy rules and guardrails for kids across all apps — not just the ones with Chinese owners.”

https://themarkup.org/privacy/2023/02/16/forget-milk-and-eggs-supermarkets-are-having-a-fire-sale-on-data-about-you

The Restrict Act is the real deal! This bill violates the first amendment, however if it passes the government can do anything! The best thing to do call or email your state representative and senator. Tell them not to pass this act or you not vote them when it’s election time next year.
Most of these people are funded or received some type of donation from lobbyists.
It’s really not about TikTok, but about this Restrict Act.
You have a voice, we need to use it.
150 million people use TikTok daily!
Facebook and Mr. Mark Z company is taking a beating.
The things that the government said about TikTok; Mark Z company have done worst. Did the government do anything to facebook. Not a thing
China owns many companies in the U.S. Smithfield Foods company, G.E. appliances, General Motors-partnership with China owners, Ingram Micro-iPhones, to Cisco network equipment, Motorola.

1 Like

Its gonna happen for sure, just look around! Its been fortold in the Bible!

2 Likes

Not to mention we have to genuflect before our telecom companies every year for scraps of a deal - even if you’ve been a loyal customer for decades!

They pander to new customers & flip the bird to their existing customers.

Greedy sons of biscuit eaters! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yes it most definitely has brother!

Thank God (literally) that we’ve not been left without warning through the prophets & apostles. :wink:

This is an interesting read via Proton VPN in regards to usage in “high risk” countries. Kind of breaks things down a little bit

MoB - Made with Clipchamp

And Jesus himself, Amen!

God bless!

1 Like

the other problem i have with my isp server , I bought their new service last year . they call it Fiber plus? I told them there is no fiber at all in our area and they sold me deal 750 fiber plus. They had told that the broadband cable in the house is hooked to a fiber cable 2 miles away. I sent then a note about fiber and broadband does not work together. i want to try and sue them for false info. Im working on getting more info.

Really?
Someone was just arrested for making memes…free speech is being censored…justice is not equal…constitutional rights being blatantly ignored. There really is no debate…just blame
:point_right:t2: People we pay to represent US​:point_left:t2:

2 Likes

You must be in Canada!

The ‘Big Blue’ here in Canada has swathes of areas in TORONTO that can’t access Fibre internet speeds. Believe it or not, they limit us to 100 MB for around $100/mo! The ‘Big Red’ offers 1.5 GB internet, which i have but have yet to get anywhere near that speed. But, in their defence, it’s more my equipment not being able to attain the speed (due to older network card, etc. I have an HP laptop that has a 1000 MB ax6 that will get me decent speeds but still not 1.5 GB)

Yes, fibre & cable do work together as i mentioned above. The fibre cabling is fibre optics rather than copper. If you have FTTH (Fibre to the Home), you’re golden. That means the fibre cabling goes direct to your home as opposed to FTTN (Fibre to the Node) which most places around me have. The fibre optic cabling goes to the node that feeds the neighbourhood - the cabling from the node is just the old copper cabling.

The ‘Big Red’ sent a notice ages ago stating they were beginning work on upgrading the area (i’m assuming to FTTH or, in my case, the apartment building) To date, nothing has changed if indeed they did the work in the first place (hahaha NOT)

1 Like

If you just read some of this, you’ll see the removal of your 1A rights. It’s the patriot act on steroids. Rumor is there are two versions of this act. And the “ lawmakers” have signed on without reading as Graham got caught on tv. You better keep an eye on this :+1:

2 Likes

As written , you will go to jail if caught using a VPN

I’m not worried about it. I will continue to use LEGAL vpns to do what i want. Gotta stop letting this scare you.

7 Likes

I’m single and old. I figure that might be a good retirement option for me in about 10 years when I am 80+ and can’t take care of things. Three hots and a cot, plus inhouse medical care. jus kiddin… :thinking:

1 Like