UPDATE: BuzzTV X5

@Powerfader will need to update this pic for you soon :joy:

One I use is TV Launcher 3 off the google Playstore. Others may have favorites as well.

I fix :pensive: oh me, oh my.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using the BuzzTV X5 since day one, as my daily driver. But now things has changed, due to some issues Iā€™ve been having. The device drops the internet connection, I have to restart the device to get the internet back. Also device powers it self off, red light on the box comes on. I also have problems with the sound, I have to go into the sound settings and toggle off when on, when restart the device to get sound back. I spoke to someone at BuzzTV last week, they said that New Big firmware is coming in a couple of weeksā€¦ waiting patiently.

3 Likes

iā€™ve never updated my box beyond maybe the first one? not sure but i ignored the later updates because if it ainā€™t broke? donā€™t fix itā€¦lol
my Buzz x5 works perfectly fine,i record tons of stuff w no problems and can even stream the content to
other boxes on my network using a well know apk
my box is coolā€¦as always iā€™ll wait for awhile before i update anythingā€¦to see other peeps experience w the update?
meanwhile iā€™m watching tv

3 Likes

Well my box is now gone from No Joy to full blown joy :joy:ā€¦ the way it was meant to be, fully updated. I agree with you on waiting on updatesā€¦but I have issues with waiting :joy:
However my mecool devices never get any updates because once they sell them they are done with ya but no issues

3 Likes

My Buzz 5 is great, except for recording. I have a daily scheduled record set up on an IPTV channel, if Iā€™m watching something else when the record starts it automatically switches to that channel and if I switch back it ends the recording. I have multiple connections with the IPTV provider so itā€™s not thatā€¦ Should I try using tivimate instead of Buzzā€™s player?

Also sometimes when recording off of IPTV a 2 hour plus thing, itā€™s will not record the entire event. Is that my IPTV provider buffering and that stops the record? Any ideas? I want to be in full blown love with my buzz like some of you are!!

3 Likes

I use tivimate with buzz and no issue recording

2 Likes

I wonder if you could perhaps tell what is the recommended setting in ā€œPowerkey definitionā€ It seems that every time I start my buzztv 5 it wants to start either from a complete boot up or doesnā€™t respond to the remote and I canā€™t do anything but a complete reboot. The ā€œRestartā€ setting seemed to work best until a couple of days ago and now it wonā€™t turn the buzz tv on, or it turns it on but is not responsive to the remote. Iā€™m using the remote that came with the buzztv 5. I have paired the remote with the box several time and changed the batteries, with no change. The version that Iā€™m running is V20220624 and the box is a X5 128AI. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks @TXRon. Iā€™m going to install tivimate and give it a try. I already use it on a firestick and think itā€™s great!

1 Like

Hi Johns

can you private message with your serial number

Thanks

1 Like

If you private message me with your serial number I can check if your using the latest app/firmware

thanks

When my box turned out to be garbage and I wanted an RMA, I had to pay for return shipping to Canadaā€¦after spending 6 weeks trying to make that hot mess work. Glad to see that they finally realized that is no way to do business.

1 Like

Please be patient with our special buzz box support guest. If you have issues you may PM him at anytime and try to wait for a response. Regardless of everyoneā€™s issues with buzz please allow time for our guest to look into all these issues. I understand everyone frustrations. Im happy he is here to answer questions.

5 Likes

mekool boxes report home to china multiple times during the day, and connect to malware sites frequently, so I am done with them; I have the newest KM7 and will be selling it after only using it a couple of days

all android boxes are made in china, server checks are looking for updates, I always disable any app I dont know what its for however in doing so you can possibly block things you might want??? No a perfect science here and there are pitfalls. Security is on you and not the box so if getting rid of it helps, move forward I say.

yeah, if it was just to their site, I wouldnt be so concerned, but it coonects to all sorts of sites not related to mekool, and most of them are either game sites, ad sites, sites marked as Malware, or other things I never want my devices to connect to.
Agree 100% that security is on me, and I am glad my Firewalla Gold lets me see every site that my boxes connect to
The MeKool stuff is the worst offenders for this kind of behavior, iā€™ve had more than one, and this new KM 7 was the worst offender for connecting to sketchy sites

1 Like

Well, if its for a KM6 update itā€™ll be on deaf earsā€¦thatā€™s fer sure :face_with_monocle: :roll_eyes: :eyes:

And stillā€¦probably a good thang :thinking:

interesting your using firewalla. I have been looking at them. Questionā€¦does it also serve as a vpn client/host? And is it able to bypass certain equipment(tunnel around)?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.