Unboxed new Mecool km6

I think if you have it, you want to use it. Even though for streaming there should be no practical advantage to having 700 mbps vs 75. I’m really happy with that box too since I’d be looking at only about 150 mpps if I had a gig port. So you are right, that’s really kind of a made up first world “problem”. And (I think) we got that usb storage thing straightened out.

If one of your hobbies is 3-D printing the more the better :smiley:

My Son-in-law (totally undeserving of my daughter, of course LOL) needs a Gig or more DL & a lot UL because his job requires him to have back up servers for businesses at their house.

2 Likes

@TXRon, FYI the playstore fix didn’t stick. Just went to use it and was locked out again with the same message.
So I did the delete update again and was able to get in. It would appear that every time I want to enter the store, I’ll need to repeat the fix.

1 Like

Have you cleared cache? Not sure if clearing data will remove apps installed, but that might be an option. Might also check playstore permissions and allow everything if not already.

@TXRon thx for answering. Yes, did all of that prior to my first post. I won’t be in the playstore too often so doing the fix every time is not a big deal, but certainly all weird.

1 Like

yea it is strange, but ive heard of this before

Make sure system time is correct.

playstore says something went wrong at DuckDuckGo

The newest coupon code for Mecool 15% off is 15SPRING. Just FYI for anyone looking. If I find a 20% off, I will post.

The mecool site has a roulette style wheel you spin and get either 15% or 20% off.
https://www.mecool.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwtWgBhDhARIsAEMcxeCxvEbx5sKc5-8iUaZ4DRN2WwvAmDu72rrKnUGCKa18k9M2Q2i7vI4aAsFgEALw_wcB

1 Like

I agree with you. I have two KM2 and one KM6 and a MS Pro 8. My problem with mecool boxes is they do not honor their warranty. My remote stopped working on one of the KM2 box within a week. Mecool would not replace it without me jumping through some ridiculous hoops. Plus I would have to pay for the return shipping. It was easier and cheaper to buy another remote than dealing with them on a warranty claim. After I bought another remote they did send me a message telling me next time I order something from them, they would offer me a discount.

I think when Troy is reviewing any of Mecool products he should make it very clear Mecool really does not do a very good job honoring there warranty.

I still like there boxes and they do perform very well. Mecool should lower there prices and drop the fake warranty. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Anytime you order from china its a gamble. Cost of sending it back are likely more than what it cost to buy…lose lose situation. Personally ive been very lucky with mecool devices but I know the risk.

1 Like

I agree. Exactly why i just when ahead and purchased another remote.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to download and install the Roku app to an Android box. I know it’s in the Amazon store. I could not find it in the Play Store.
Mecool km2

1 Like

That’s exactly why I bought my mecool from walmart.

“roku app for android (official)” is in my playstore.

Thank you for the reply.

I have searched the Play Store with voice commands and by typing. It does not show up. I am using the Mecool KM6 Android box.

The error message is sorry roku is not available on this TV.

Any suggestion on how i can find it?

What device are you using? Roku shows up for some devices and not others. I assume it knows what device you have and figures out if there is a compatible app thay you are looking for.

If it’s say a Samsung TV with the Tizen OS and you are trying to load it onto that TV there may not be a Roku app as one for Tizen may not have been made. That’s why most of us prefer to use our TVs as little more than a monitor. I have a Shield Pro. 4k Max. Mecool KM2.