Unable to log in to TiviMate Companion App

OK sorry for being complicated. I am trying to remove ACTIVATED devices which I no longer own for Tivimate premium (5 maximum allowed). I am told to do this through the Tivimate Companion app. But………I can’t log in anymore to the Companion app. I am using the correct username and password since they work with the main Tivimate App on my firestick 4k max. I get the repeated message “ Could not log in, please try again later.”

Anyone else experiencing this?

Help ideas?

Many thanks.

I have an android TV device and access to the Companion app is done through the google play store. Logging in to Goggle is the only requirement. The login for the IPTV player requires different credentials. Is Firestick the same?

Tivimate and companion app uses the same password and username so just click on forgot password and reset it that’s what I do when I forget mine

1 Like

removed upon request

Thanks Chosen1 for your recommendation. I have changed my password twice and tried to create a new account twice. Nothing works. There is something wrong with the TiviMate Companion App. At last TiviMate is working.

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I have the TiviMate Companion App downloaded to my fire tv stick 4k max (just like the TiviMate App itself). I use the login credentials I have for the TiviMate App which works fine.

I am at a loss.

Hypnotoad

Delete the App and reinstall. See if that helps.

Another thought…

Are you using the correct email address?

To check,

• Open TiviMate on your TV (not Companion)
  • Settings
  • About
  • TiviMate account, check to make sure the email address you’re trying to log into Companion with, is the same as the address here.
1 Like

Also, not that it really matters in your situation, but Tivimate companion doesn’t need to be downloaded onto a Firestick or anything. I put it on my phone. It’s whole purpose it to activate/deactivate devices on your account.

3 Likes

Thanks Powerfader, AMD237 for further ideas.

1. I have deleted and reinstalled the Tivimate companion app on my firestick several times.
  2. I have an iPhone so I can’t get Tivimate Companion from the Apple iPhone store. I thought about using someone else’s android phone but I don’t think that will work since the Google spy network will have that locked into the actual owner. Maybe Google is just trying to make it hard for Apple product people like me.
  3. Yes the email is correct and the same as the TiviMate main player app.

Can you load BlueStacks on your Apple phone?

Also, you can use the “Forgot Password” option and change it. Then try logging in again.

I’ve been unable to login to my companion app and activate any devices since I purchase it in August

I just checked mine on my Samsung 8+ phone and it is working for me. Make sure you are using the email you used to sign up.

I think I know what I did wrong…I purchased the companion to set up 2 Firesticks for a co worker. I don’t remember signing up for a actual Tivimate account after the purchase.

I’ve been trying to login with his app store creds and of course it’s not working. Ive spoken to AMD about this. I’m wondering if it’s too late to cansel and repurchase the companion again which was purchased in Aug… So…is it the developer or play store that should address this issue?

@SMF @Spunkyye

Troy has written an excellent guide on Tivimate. If that doesn’t address your issues, post back here with details. The process requires multiple steps, and you haven’t provided any information.

How to Install & Use TiviMate APK on Firestick/Android

Thanks Steve: I did this process months ago when I unlocked my Tivimate to Premium. Google had no problem taking my $$ through PayPal. However, I can no longer open the Tivimate Companion with my account information (username and password). Ultimately I think my issue is I have no android device to down load the Tivimate Companion app–it is only on my fire stick 4k max. The download to the fire stick was through the Aptoide app that I got from the Troypoint rapid ap installer. Maybe you can only use the TiviMate Companion app from the Google play store now?

Here’s what my companion app shows on my Samsung 8+ phone.

Download Bluestacks on your computer and then download the companion app from the the Play Store into your Bluestacks.

There still seems to be some misunderstanding on how the Tivimate activation is achieved.

Lets start with the TVmate Companion. It is only available on the Google Play Store and can only be accessed by any stock android device: generic Android TV Box with stock Android, Android phone, tablet, or through BlueStacks as Troy explained. You don’t log into the Companion app. It is accessed through the Google Play Store, which is linked to the Google account you have created. When I sign into google play store using my google account, my apps are there, including Companion.

To get to the Companion home page from the Google Playstore homepage: Left click on account icon top right circle, manage apps & device, manage, tivimate companion icon, open. You should now be here.

Firestick runs a fork of android maintained by Amazon dubbed Fire OS. First thing is log into Google Playtstore from firestick and see if Companion app is there. You must use the same google account you purchased the tivimate subscription with. If not, on to BlueStacks or another alternative. You’ve done it at least once, so its possible to do again.

Try the above. If you have any other questions, post them here and good luck.