Ugoos vs Nvidia Shield Pro

I am considering Ugoos UT8 Pro or a Nvidia Shield Pro. If $$$$ wasn’t an issue what one would you buy?

@Money

Base that judgment on budget.

Do you want android tv or android os? These descions are not terribly hard, its a matter of performance and preferences. You dont need a high end box to do basic functionality.

Streaming is simple.

Get nvidia for android tv ugoos if going non android tv and going for os.

Syncler kodi stremio weyd handle 99% of movie and tv shows.

3 Likes

Thank you for the input

All im trying to say is you dont need to speed tons of money to get something that something cheaper can do.

I hope it helps and good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are 100% right! I have had Fire Sticks since the day they come out. Looking for something new to experiment with…more out of want, than need. The Fire Sticks have worked great for me. I keep things very simple on my setups. As of this writing there are no shows that I want, that I cannot get.

As with most hobbies people are always fiddling with stuff. That’s me… :relaxed:

3 Likes

Txron has been posting his setup of his new ugoos boxes and his findings. Do some reading there . Everything else is going to depend on what you want and or need as stated by Tp-Dracoo . I have only used Nvidia shield tv and have loved it till now with this last update fiasco. I myself am starting to experiment with the ugoos ut8 and am7 because of the ability to root the box and decide for yourself what you want or don’t want on the box . Lots of info here on everything to read and the search button is your friend. If anything after that anyone is willing to help enjoy what ever you decide on have fun and stream on

2 Likes

I have always been guilty of assuming the best Ugoos box is the UT8 Pro. Maybe it is, but I started digging into the specs: (Ugoos UT8 Pro vs Ugoos AM7)

CPU/Chipset: Amlogic S905x4 (AM7) vs RK3568 (UT8 Pro)
Amlogic S905X4 vs Rockchip RK3566 - GadgetVersus

Memory: DDR4 8GB (UT8 Pro) vs DDR4 4GB (AM7)

Graphics: ARM Mali-G52 2EE (UT8 Pro) vs ARM Mali G31 MP2 (AM7)
ARM Mali-G52 MP2 vs ARM Mali-G31 MP2 - GadgetVersus

Storage: 64 GB (UT8 Pro) vs 32GB (AM7)

*AM7 supports AV1 and 7.1 surround sound; doesn’t appear UT8 Pro supports either

*Both Have/Support:
-Wifi 6
-Bluetooth 5.0
-HDMI 2.1 and 2.0
-USB 3.0 and 2.0
-Gigabit Ethernet Port
-Both boxes the same dimensions and weight

Current Price: $159 (UT8 Pro) vs $138 (AM7)

At first glance, it looks like UT8 Pro is the clear winner because it seems to have won more of the categories I list above. But that huge chipset advantage of the AM7, the AV1 and potentially better audio support may override the UT8 Pro advantages in some people’s eyes. The extra 32 GB storage is nice, but for most cord cutters 32 GB is plenty. Same with memory…4 GB of DDR4 memory is plenty and plenty fast, 8 GB a bit overkill. The graphics is a clear advantage of the UT8 Pro. What do y’all think?

1 Like

Both are very nice boxes. I would take either. I do have a Shield Pro. My choices are generally based on Netflix Cert for the family and their TV’s. That doesn’t matter to myself as I have a Mecool KM2 and a Formuler Z10 Pro Max in living room tv so when I’m watching by myself, I can turn the Formuler on. I do have Netflix on it (not a certified box) but have to use the mouse feature to scroll and my Wife wouldn’t be into that…she likes the turn on and go and that’s why our Shield Pro is in bedroom

I wasn’t comparing either to the Shield Pro. I guess the reason I put my post here was to question maybe we used the wrong Ugoos box to put up against the Shield.

1 Like

I have both and both are great boxes in different ways. UT8 is full blown power running stock android, Shield is the best android tv box you can buy. And both are expensive. If I had to decide it would be tough but to watch TV…the shield wins easy and has the best chipset of any box. The ugoos is my gaming box, hard to beat the 8 gb ram for game play. The ugoos also has an in built samba server which opens up the options with recordings etc. The Shield(pro) also can be a plex, emby or channelsDVR server. So many options on both and so little time :joy:

2 Likes

@TXRon You used chipset to compare the Shield Pro over the UT8 pro, but in my comparison, the AM7 kicks the UT8 Pro’s butt in that. Do you still think UT8 Pro is the best Ugoos box? (not arguing, just an open question)

2 Likes

Ya I get that. I was replying to the first post

amlogic vs rockchip. The amlogic is considered by most to be the best on most boxes and carries more specs and the Am6 box is a top box. The Rockchip is progressing and in use more by tweakers etc that mod a lot, but still not at amlogics specs. I picked the ut8 for brute strength and it works well but I would have took the am6 or 7 for tv only.

1 Like

Lol sorry @Streaming429, I couldn’t see which you replied to. I would still take Shield Pro over any Ugoos box if $ was thrown out of the equation.

2 Likes

Taking it one step further, AM7 vs Shield Pro (cpu/chipset):

Nvidia Tegra X1+ T210B01 vs Amlogic S905X4-B - GadgetVersus

:open_mouth: :fire:

This is the Shield Pro vs Forumuler Z11 Pro Max (cpu/chipset)…just because I was curious. Seems the Ugoos processors may be even faster than the Forumuler?

1 Like

Whats funny is that tegra chip is getting old but still beats everyone with no problem. Waiting for a follow up on that chip, but it appears the king has nothing to prove :partying_face:

I mean I’m absolutely shocked in the results that I posted above. I know it is fast, but dang.

1 Like

considering extras, the Shield pro cant be beat…so many bells and whistles on board…wait till Miki gets his hands on one…we may never see him again :rofl:

1 Like

No big deal. I would get an Ugoos just to play around with