Ugoos vs Nvidia Shield Pro

@Miki says “Not until you pry my FireTV from my cold dead hands” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Nvidia Tegra X1+ T214 vs MediaTek MT8696 - GadgetVersus

Just for S’s and G’s, the Firestick Max vs Shield Pro processor.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that the Tegra X1+ T214 was new to the 2019 Shields, and the original 2015 and 2017 Shields used the T210. Looks like that was a pretty decent upgrade.

Nvidia Tegra X1+ T214 vs Nvidia Tegra X1 T210 - GadgetVersus

1 Like

Now be fair and compare the 3rd Gen Cube with Shield Pro. I really want a 3rd gen cube. Hopefully prices drop around valentines.

Per @Miki’s request: (Shield Pro vs FireTV Cube, 3rd Gen; cpu/chipset)

Amlogic S922X vs Nvidia Tegra X1+ T214 - GadgetVersus

Definitely isn’t that far behind.

Yup cube is 1617 for single and 4938 multi compared to
Shield pro at 1389 and 3748.
But even between supposed geekbench benchmarks there seems to be a fair size difference.

1 Like

There’s a million ways to compare, I just use the tool I’m showing because it lets me see what the better processors are. It all started with the other thread where they are talking Android knock off boxes on Amazon, and I use this to compare the chipsets. It definitely proves what Ron always has said…Amlogic then Rockchip then Allwinner. So I think it is pretty accurate in comparing. I’m not sure what yours is comparing specifically, but regardless it is an eye opener. I thought Ugoos and Formuler processors were right behind Shield, but this shows otherwise.

I’m comparing the 3rd gen cube overall bench marks by geekbench with the overall score for Shield Pro.

So they are telling me the 2nd gen Cube is a more powerful processor than the 2019 Shield Pro …no way. It also shows the 2017 Shield Pro (T210) cpu is faster than the 2019 (T214) one. Logic tells us otherwise in both examples.

Ya that’s the problem I’m pointing out. 3 different benchmarks shown by the supposed same tester, Geekbench, all vary. So who knows who to believe.

Either way these devices are awesome and do everything the average user could want.
Back to the football.

Have fun and Stream On!!

Not trying to give any ideas, but maybe @TROYPOINT can help us benchmark these processors. :innocent:

1 Like

The benchmarks may be dependent upon who is sponsoring them?

1 Like

No doubt. But it’s about time they just gave the facts and stop their exageration. Some of these tests even include overclocking in the results. Oh well. We never can trust big tech I don’t think.

I’m seriously geeking out right now talking about all this (and I blame all y’all lmao, jk). I’m trying to find more unbiased benchmarks for these. If I find any I’ll let you know.

Benchmarks vary and @Powerfader hit the nail on the head :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:

I prefer what the end users have to say :skull:

1 Like

Here’s an unbiased benchmark. I have been using a nVidia Shield Pro for the last 8 years and have had absolutely NO issues with the device during that time period. Even with that “not ready for prime time” update last year. My Shields kept on ticking!

In reading of these posts and threads here on the Insider. I rarely read any that are having issues with a Shield. I do see many posts and threads about issue regarding FS, Kodi, apps, Vpns, modems, and an assortment of other components, gear, devices, cables, etc, but not too often issues about Nvidia Shields.

Now that is a benchmark from years of testing and experience is using. lol

1 Like

My follow up to 3rd gen Fire Cube vs Shield Pro:

I can’t find any unbiased benchmarks for the CPU comparison. Most numbers you read seem to go back and forth. One thing for sure is that the octa-core CPU is badass, and for sure rivals the X1+ Tegra processor in the Shield Pro. Even if we call that comparison even, the real power in the Shield is clearly its GPU. (for obvious reasons, Nvidia is the #1 graphics company out there) It completely blows away the GPU in the new Cube.

Things I love and hate on both the Shield Pro and 3rd gen Cube:
-Wifi 6E in the Cube (Love)
-Wifi 5 in Shield (Hate)
-2GB memory in Cube (Hate)
-Cube supports AV1 (Love)
-Shield Pro no AV1 support (Hate)
-Both have great audio codecs (Love)
-Gigabit Ethernet Port on Shield (Love)
-No gigabit ethernet on Cube (Hate)
-Both have 16GB storage (Hate) but are easy to expand (Love)

2 Likes

I just never understand, in this day and age, why 4GB of RAM is not the minimum.

Agree 100%. So many hi-quality hardware specs, and then 2GB and 3GB of memory, respectively, in arguably the 2 most powerful streaming devices in the market now. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.