Ugoos AM8 or My next box🤗

Great specs, features, packaging etc. But where do we find 8-K content? If there is 8-K content, what download speeds will we need to play it buffer free? What displays today offer true 8-K? Should we be waiting for a Google OS in this box before spending on these specs? Not convinced this is not just another shiny toy.

I don’t think their is any but it looks nice written on the side of the box .

This Box is NOT google certified and never will be. Its Ugoos and they make stock android devices usually with root access. Its full blown powerhouse imho dedicated to iptv. Any players like tivimate will perform great here whereas netflix will not(at least not until modded).
Its true 8k. Many cheap china boxes will claim that but its false. This is a top 3, maybe 4 box (brand) in the market.

2 Likes

You got that right. I’d probably be in deep doo doo.

update, shipping in about 5 weeks.

3 Likes

Did they notify you or did you enquire?

It will be interesting to hear your report on the AM8 vs the UT8 pro!

seen a post on another forum, un-verified but it seems like a good call going by the website info.

big difference will be amlogic vs rockchip. Amlogic is well known for video where RC more along single chip pc,s. The AM8 will have ai enhanced, av1 and all the other bells and whistles minus the certifications. I expect it to perform as well as the shield just more updated hardware and more things built in. With samba pre-installed it can be a mini server for plex/emby etc… My UT-8 plays well however its been on gaming duty for quite some time because it played better than the shield. Time will tell

1 Like

Yes I like the updated specs of the AM8, just wish it had 8 gb of ram.

Would be nice but actually overkill. Most likely under normal conditions only 2-3 will be used and to me at least 4 fits just right. If the box was an actual server than more the ram the better but for video 4 gigs is all needed. Samba is just file transfer and not much needed where a server will transcode and eat ram in bunches

1 Like

Reply deleted by user.

I’m sure your right, just like a little bit of spare power! Wish they’d combined the two together into a brand new box. But yeah overkill!

my computer im on right now has 64 gigs of ram and only uses on average about 20% of that…all the rest is wasted :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sounds like enough, lol The AM8 sounds intriguing.

UGOOS AM8 S928X-J 8K TV Box is now Available for Pre-order

2 Likes

Sounds like a nice box, but are there any movies or tv shows in 8k. Tv would have to support it also. If it could upscale like the shield it would be nice. Still would probably have to have an 8k tv.

The shield pro only upscales to 4k max I believe as long as your tv supports it, so my understanding is the shield upscales to 4k and then your 8k tv will complete the upscale to 8k.

AI upscaling takes a lower quality picture and improves the quality and in some cases to appear 4k quality, This new ugoos box promises to do that as well. Cant wait to test that part out.

2 Likes

Powerful UGOOS AM8 Full Android 4K TV BOX - S928XJ - 4GB+32GB - Any Good? - YouTube