Troypoint Toolbox labeled a "bot"

Hello everyone. I just have encountered some strange interactions when using the Troypoint Toolbox in the Downloader app (loaded in my Dowlnlaoder Favorites). I use Surfshark VPN. When clicking the Troypoint Toolbox to open I get a message saying this site is suspicious for being a “bot.” It then asks for captcha letters to input. That has never happened before. So far it still works.

Is the Toolbox being targeted by some Amazon or Google dark site?

never heard that, but false positive

1 Like

Nope, nothing malicious from the tool box.

1 Like

Got the same message this morning using AirVPN. Did the captcha and all was good. :+1:

1 Like

Happen to me a couple times, I put in the captcha letters. Guess I should have thought twice, so thankful if wasn’t malware or virus.

Its not, nothing troy does is malicious.

2 Likes

Well, that depends on if he is a Cubs fan or a Sox fan. Don’t put nuttin past the Southside! lol

Just so others can see–this is the offending message. Something about cookies makes little sense since I don’t have any browser on my fireTV cube at all.

1 Like

I get those all the time. Lots of sites and ppl concerned about unauthorized access and 2FA. I just fill out the code given, click and done. Not a big deal. I find captcha much worse.

1 Like

But this IS a browser. How else do you think you can get a website url to work? It is the downloader browser.

2 Likes

OK; i was referring to chrome, safari, firefox, silk, etc. Is there a way to enable cookies on Downloader?

1 Like

I have got that a few times myself. I use SS and I thought that might be the reason but It does not happen often.
I just type the captcha letters then it lets me in. Then I continue to start reading …
All I know…

1 Like

OK–I think I have got it. Sorry about this obsession. I noticed the actual address in the favorites had the word captcha added. Mine was https://troypoint.com/troypoint-toolbox/captcha.

So…I deleted Downloader app- rebooted the fireTV system–re-installed Downloader from Aptoide–then logged onto the TroyPoint Toolbox without the word captcha anywhere–made it a Favorite–and it has worked fine for at least 24 hours…

1 Like

Just site making sure ur not a bot (robot ) . I’ve been getting that year ago the site recognizes you using a VPN they just want to make sure that you’re a live person I would not worry just prove ur not

OMG do you realize that this post is almost a year old!