Tivimate > X-plore Making Me Crazy

Problem solved. The advice to uninstall and download from google play store (used aptoid) solved problem. I guess when you download from Firestick/downloaded you keep getting same file because you ‘own it’. The new download prompted me through the process and tivi found path and folder immediately.
This forum is a great place to get help.

Thanks everyone for the suggested fixes. Below is a note I wrote 20 mins ago. I’m going to uninstall and download again from google per last rec. last point is system picker?

? System picker

Note: I saved a Monk program to internal storage to see if I could and saved no problem except used up all the storage space. Made sure Xplore and Tivi permissions were turned on. Uninstalled the techdr debloater app as that sometimes shuts down processed you might need to access. Also, changed tv setting from Ethernet to wifi 5.
Still nada :grimacing:

1 Like

Try going into your OS settings and find installed apps then find Xplore settings and make sure permission for media and file access is set to always. Let me know if that fixes it. I know you have to do this for Kodi to be able to write to storage.

2 Likes

Tivimate and recording is not always the perfect match. A lot of variables can screw up a recording. Now, with that being said, here is what I found that works for me. In X-plore I made a sub folder within the Android folder. I named mine, Tivimate Backups & Recordings. Then the first time I tried to record I selected (highlighted) Android folder>Tivimate Backups & Recordings>system picker. That seemed to create a pathway. Then after doing that the pathway worked lie a charm and did not need to go through the whole process again. I just clicked record in whatever of the various locations to do so and it recorded with just clicking the record button. I did 3 test recordings of live content using different channels. They all recorded with no issue. I did not test s scheduled recording, but I have a feeling there would be no issue.

All my recordings showed up in my X-plore USB Drive in my Android folder under my Tivimate Backups & Recordings folder. I could play striaght from thr folder or from the Recordings category in the Tivimate app.

Advice: The X-plore app can act a bit wonky at times. So, if you continue to have issues saving recordings. I would suggest uninstalling X-plore and re-install it again from the Play Store. You will have to go back into your folder you created in X-plore and click on it and then follow the on-screen prompts to give all the required permissions. Then try to record in Tivimate as normal.

Also, as I was researching your issue and I ran into a bunch of problems. The pathway wasn’t being recognized and even though it did look like it was recording nothing would play back and an error message would appear. Figuring the pathway was corrupt I tried a few fixes and nothing would work. Until I decided to let the system picker make a pathway. Then I could record as normal.

2 Likes

I do not record stuff. But when looking through various articles I came across one giving instructions on setting up a recording folder in TiViMate. Don’t know if it helps but I did go through setting one up.
settings>other>recording>recordings folder>system picker>follow the prompts to create a new folder and name it what ever you want. As soon as I can afford a SSD I’m going to give this a shot. Good luck and I hope this helps.

2 Likes

System Picker is the key.

2 Likes

You are using the shield for recording, I tried that with my mecoolkm2 would not work no System Picker, can that be downloaded separately.

1 Like

System picker is in the Tivimate app.

1 Like

This is all a permissions issue and android version. It differs from brand to brand and much depends on how well the box is setup at the factory. System picker is usually a good way to step through androids restrictions. Ive had to identical mecool boxes side by side and one was easy to set up recording and the other was a pain. …but permissions…permissions…permissions :crazy_face:

Funny will go give it a try, 1 thing I noticed on my xplore is data is denied.

Am going to try and set up USB on TIVIMATE via the ONN old and new box to see if it works well. Trying to make a TIVIMATE dedicated box for $30 in parts I hope between ONN and Tivimate license and USB with cable. Not sure this will work as ONN might have android 9 on the old and android 11 on new box.

System Picker became the go-to solution when that last major update came out about year or so ago. Prior to then there was no issue. Something in that update created havoc as we all know. Alex then started advising everyone to use the system picker as a remedy. Supposedly, that issue was resolved in one of the updates since.

However, I still used the system picker to initially set up a pathway. After that I didn’t need to do it again unless I needed to uninstall my file manager or Tivimate. You should have to do it only once. Then after that Tivimate will find the folder. At least that is how it works on my setup.

1 Like

I just checked no system picker in my tivimate, do I need update?

1 Like

Post a screen shot. Also, as denoted by JayHawk make sure you’ve allowed permissions for files and folders for both your X-plore and your Tivimate.

What is your current version? Right now the most recent version is 4.7.0

version 4.7.0 looks same as your picture with no system picker. I t is no my tivimate which is on my shield.

On my mecool the recordings are being sent to download/downloader, I guess that is ok? A lot of this stuff I don’t really understand yet, I just follow the instruction and help given to me.

1 Like

This is on my 2019 Shield Pro.

I’m confused now. Are we talking about a Shield or MeCool device?

we are talking about Mecool device I have both.

When I go into my mecool device and open xplore my data folder says access denied.