Tivimate video and iptv best provider lists

You don’t need a shield. Once you get it installed it looks the same on a firestick or whatever.

6 Likes

I’ve done this for a few friends lol. Probably the easiest way.

2 Likes

My family is all IOS, so no companion app. I just subscribed through the app on my TiVo Stream 4K.

1 Like

Good deal…

Now do some finger stretches, stay hydrated… & have fun…

6 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t put everything under favorites as it would tend to be to many channels to navigate. In fact I hide the Favorites group. My breakown after renaming the groups I want are USA, Canada, UK, Kids, Movies, NFL, 24/7 shows, etc.

I also agree that getting rid of the prefixes and suffixes make it easier view the channel listings. I also start off all my group editing by making sure I sort channels by name. I also just use the copy function to move Local Channels to the USA group and manually reorder them to the top of my list.

I’ve said it numerous times, Tivimate is the best thing out there for organizing your IPTV service. AND UPGRADE TO THEIR PREMIUM VERSIO! The cost is minimal for the flexibility you get in making your IPTV service(s) look like a regular program guide.

3 Likes

@richlibel65 Thanks for that tip. Going to mess around with it more tonight. That’s why I love this place!

4 Likes

Well my issue now is getting an account. As you pointed out below, perhaps asking a friend to do this on an android phone. But first, I realize I didn’t complete my research. If Bluestacks is needed to emulate android and get TiviMate Companion, I will look for tutorials on Bluestacks and see if I can figure things out that way. Thank you to everyone with their suggestions. Tally ho, to Troypoint YouTube!

1 Like

PROGRESS! I managed to make BlueStacks work so I could open an account in TiviMate Companion.Yeah! Then I I followed Troy’s excellent YouTube & got TiviMate to work with my IPTV Apollo! I understand he will provide another tutorial to learn how to record. I actually figured that out, but we shall see if it works. One problem & one question. The problem is that the tv guide did not load. The channels did, but I can’t see what is playing on the channel. Any suggestions? Question, where does it record the shows? I am guessing not the Cloud. Will I need to add a memory card to my FireTv. I seem to recall that I will. Thank you!

Scroll up. Watch the video.

2 Likes

@richlibel65 After finally figuring out on our TiVo Steeam 4K, it was a success. This thing is off the hook. Thanks again for the tip!

In the settings you can find where to choose the folder to record to. On a firestick it has to be internal storage. Which is why a lot of people format a usb drive as internal storage.

1 Like

@Jayhawks659 I have a USB stick connected so I’m good. The issue was figuring out where to bring up the menu to create the groups. On Firestick you press the 3 line button which mine doesn’t have. You have to long press the select for it to come up. Took a little playing around to figure it out

2 Likes

Thanks Jay! That occurred to me after I hit send-duh-uh. I see you have a thumbdrive. I’ll use an SD card. I recall someone else asking how to toggle to see the SD card, so I’ll check that out too.

3 Likes

Xplore has been my go-to. I like it better than ES File Explorer. Just personal preference. I think it works better with the remote. A 4K firestick won’t show the storage device in the device menu I don’t think. Mine has never shown there.

1 Like

@Streaming429 I’m glad everything worked out for you…you’re on your way to becoming an expert on Tivimate! As a matter of fact, last night my new Firestick 4K MAX arrived so I got to load that up today. So far so good on the new Firestick model.

2 Likes

Try this setup for your stick.

1 Like

Thank you–Powerfader. I found the TP video that teaches how to extend storage on a Firestick 4K (which looks like what you have above). TP says the reason for extending storage is because that Firestick doesn’t have a USB or SD port. However, my FireTV with 4K Ultra HD (not sure what generation) does have both a USB & an SD port. Doesn’t that circumvent the need for the USB OTG adapter? I plugged in a Sandisk 64G SD into the SD port, but I cannot move apps to it? I then formatted a 256 MB flash drive (had on hand) to MS-DOS (FAT16) and plugged it in directly to the USB port, and that didn’'t work either. If I purchase a 64G Sandisk 3.0 flash drive, and format it to MS-DOS (FAT32), will I be able to plug the flash drive directly into the USB port of my FireTV and will that allow me to see it and store on it? It’s so hard to find the right TP video with so many versions of Firesticks.

I used X-plore to create a backup file and a recording file. I just am not the sure about FS anymore . I have been using Nvidia’s fore the past 4-5 years. Here’s a vid that might help.

Btw, while every year or so people upgrading their Firesticks. I still have and use daily my 2017 Nvidia pro. Yeah it was more expensive, but if you add up all the yearly upgrading and add-ons to the FS. I think my Nvidia comes up less expensive in the long run.

2 Likes

Thank you! Using Informer, I’ve learned that I have a 2nd Generation Firetv. The video above says, the information will not work on 2nd Generation. I’ve gone through all 10 pages of TP archives and find nothing for how to increase space on a 2nd generation Firetv, sigh. I’ve got two, and hate to think I need to purchase new Firesticks.

2 Likes

Why don’t you ask him yourself. He, or one of his staff, are on this site quite a bit. They just might be able to point you in the right direction.

Before you purchase new firesticks. I would seriously take a look at the Nvidia Pro. If you do, don’t bother with the Nvidia Tube even if it is less expensive. I have one, and although not a bad product, for the extra $50 bucks it is more worthwhile to get the Pro version.

3 Likes