Tivimate playlist transfer to other devices

I’ve created a Tivimate playlist using an IPTV service on my android box. How do I transfer it to my Firestick and another android box so I don’t have to repeat the set-up again on multiple devices?

2 Likes

Can you write down the precise steps on how to do this? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey @allen51 Do you have the Send Files to TV apps on both devices that you will be transferring? Do you know how to do a backup on Tivimate? Do you have a file manager on both devices that you know how to navigate? Please answer these questions for me so I know where to begin…thnx

It’s a pretty simple process but there’s more than one way to do it. First of all, you need to have a premium subscription to Tivimate. Go into the Tivimate settings on the device you have setup already and find the backup option. Save a backup file wherever you want on your device. Then you’ll need a file manager program that allows you to login with some sort of cloud storage account. I use X-plore for a file manager. It has left and right panes. In the left pane navigate to where you stored the file. In the right pane go to the web storage section and add your cloud storage account. I use a Google Drive account. Then simply copy the file from the left pane over to the right into your Google Drive account. Complete the same steps in reverse on your second device. Save the file on your devices internal storage in a folder you have access to. Then go to the restore option in Tivimate and find the file. Make sure both devices are running the same version of Tivimate or else it won’t work.

1 Like

Thanks greatly for responding. I’ll get the Send Files app - I have ES File Exp and File Mgr+ - I know how to back up on Tivimate.

1 Like

Copy that @allen51 Tivimate backups usually get their own file folder so they are easy to find…if not, check in Download…& when you clear data on tivimate…it will bring it back to the same state as when you first purchased it.

Directions…
Set up your tivimate the way you like…do a backup data & choose a folder to put it in when prompted…
Go to your target device & set the SFtoTV app to “Receive”
Return to your primary device & set SFtoTV app to “Send”
Scroll down to the folder you put the backup in & click on it…highlight receiving device & click
It should say “Succeeded” …go to receiving device & it should also say “Succeeded”
Go into your target device file manager & make sure tivimate backup file is there
Go back into Settings/General…scroll down & click “Restore data”
Click on Select local backup…find the folder where backup was inserted…
Click Done/Restore…& that’s it…you should have an exact duplicate settings/playlist of original :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic @pangaeatech . This is so informative, I was reluctant to give it a go until you posted this and now I understand what I need to do. I have been told that with my 4K Max, for example, I can transfer the file, which I save in my
“downloader” files to my USB drive, then unplug my 4K Max, plug in a new Max to my TV and plug in the OTG with the USB drive and I can then point TiViMate to the drive. Do you know if that’s possible? :smirk:

Thats pretty much how I do it…I just figured everyone knew :grimacing: :upside_down_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Negatory on knowing that process…but there are many others, I believe.

1 Like

To pangaeatech and Jayhawks659, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I am in your debt. Allen.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have to clear data and login with your premium account again. If you are already registered you can just go to the restore option and select the file. It will automatically clear all your old data out and keep you logged in with your account.

2 Likes

Have you tested your theory…? It would be a lot easier if it works…I don’t know…I learned what I posted from a Tivimate tutorial Troy put out a while back.

This is correct, however if you have deleted the device from your list of 5 than you will need to re-register that device.

You’ve done it this way & it does work?

Yes, I’ve done it many times. I’ve never run into the issue with having too many registered devices, but I suppose that’s possible. I don’t think it resets the registration details, just the app data and settings.

Yep…just tried it out & it indeed does work without clearing any data at all…thanks for the head’s up Jayhawk…MUCH APPRECIATED! :+1: What do you use to move the backup around your devices?

Guess I’ll change my procedure & give Troy a head’s up too…

The one I outlined above. Using X-Plore and a Google Drive account.

Hey @allen51 @Jayhawks659 informed us of an easier & shorter process…no clearing data needed. I edited the procedure for future reference…please take note. :cowboy_hat_face:

OK…I’ve already forgotten yesterday (not intentionally :roll_eyes:) but I now remember your method…& I have seen that way described before…thnx again :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like