Tivimate Pause/rewind/Fast Forward

Hi, When I use Tivimate I can only pause it and then go to the live TV option, so is this normal in Tivimate.
The reason I’m asking is that if I do the same thing in the Buzz TV’s own player I can pause live TV then go back to it and then rewind and also fast forward again right up till I catch up with the live TV which I must admit that I like, but I CAN NOT seem to do that using Tivimate, well unless there is something in the Tivimate settings to allow this.
So over to all you lovely people now,lol.

T.I.A. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I believe the only way you can that on Tivimate it by recording the program you are watching, or with watching a catchup channel. I did find if you you view a channel using an extrenal polayer you can pause and it will pick back up where you paused it from, but It would not FF or RW.

Although, that adding a DVR would be a nice feature to have.

Anyway, you can do that if you are watching a catch-up channel, or you are recording the channel you are watching.

1 Like

That feature on buzz tv sounds like time shift which is a cool feature to that allows pausing rewind fast forward up to live time on the channel you are watching tivimate doesn’t have time shift but if it’s so important im player has this feature it’s in the tp rapid installer

1 Like

I never use catch up but if TiViMate doesn’t have it, why are there “Remote control” settings to do just that.

All IPTV players have catch up

I must have misunderstood the above quote from the OP.

1 Like

Note the phrase “catch-up”

And most IPTV services are trending away from catch-up.

1 Like

Tivimate only provides what the iptv service loads. If the iptv service includes catch-up. Then you can use the FF/RW features provided on Tivimate.

Tivimate has no way to convert a stream to be catch-up.

2 Likes

Yup tx PF. I know it’s the service that provides catchup not the app. Now the OP knows where to configure the settings. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: On my EPG when a channel has catchup there is a clock symbol on that channels epg.

1 Like

Yeah, my main service used to have a lot of catch-up channels. Now I don’t think they have any. Most of the services are moving away from catch-up features.

Ya I noticed that PF. Only 1 of the 4 services I have has catchup and then it’s just the odd channel. I honestly have never used it. I still don’t even record.

Btw, you can use FF/RW on all VOD stuff (movies, tv shows, etc…)

Nice. Tx for that info. Could be why I was unable to rw and ff a movie. Do you think the settings in catchup will affect my movie playback? Or just catchup and VOD. Cause I have not found where or if, I can access ff pause, rw etc. when playing a movie. FYI I NEVER RECORD ANYTHING, EVER.

I don’t think so. I was going to check to see if while recording a show if I can RW or pause and not have it affect the the normal recording proceedure. That would be great for watching and recording nsporting events.

Other than sports, or possibly some earth shattering breaking news event, I don’t find the need to to record when I can find just about anything on Syncler or the like.

2 Likes

If a recording on tivimate doesn’t let you ff or rewind on playback open external player to mx player and that recording will then be able to ff or rewind. One of my IPTV service I use has catch up on all the major channels and another one I use has complete replays of all sporting events in their VOD

It has to do with your IPTV provider. Most are getting away from offering catch up

Sal

Hi, So to sum up, lol. It looks like Tivimate only does pause/fast forward/rewind if it’s an actual recorded program, is that correct?

It will not do Fast forward or rewind on LIVE programs, meaning that all one can do is pause a live program and then when you go back to it you can either restart that program or use the other option in Tivimate of going to hit the “live” option.

Have I got that all correct now??

Google or look at tp for time shift it’s a feature on some iptv players that allows you to pause rewind to the point you started watching channel and fast forward a live channel IM player in tp rai has this

1 Like

No, you can pause using Tivimate, but you will only pick up where you left off. You cannot FF/RW. You can ONLY resume from where you paused or click on live and jump to present time.

1 Like