Tivimate Pause/rewind/Fast Forward

If you do a recording. You can use all functions as you would on any DVR.

1 Like

If you have Tivimate try and see for yourself. It only takes about 15 seconds to find out.

That’s what I said wasn’t it?

I have tried all the options, so I will now stick with the Buzz inbuilt player if I want to pause/fast forward/rewind any LIVE program that I’m watching

Thank you for all the replies, much appreciated :+1: :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I experimented with TV mate utilizing an external player MX Player and it still won’t rewind or go fast forward all you can do is stop and go and that’s it. It’s like watching TV on the old satellites or cable boxes that didn’t not have DVR capabilities

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is you can pause a live stream and it will pick up from where you paused and play from that point, or you can click the live button and it will skip to present. So why can’t you at least FF from the point of your pause going to any position from that point?

It seems Tivimate does have some sort of a DVR. Even if you can only pause and play from that location. Seems like the developer could write some code to let the user FF/RW to any location on the paused stream?

3 Likes

I’ve never been able to FF/REW on TiviMate. Pause, yes but then when you resume, it will play a few seconds from where you restarted from then jump to Live TV.

Just my luck, my BuzzTV x5 native player has never played well as it should - again, can’t record, picture is jittery & freezes every few minutes. I’m going to delete the BuzzTV data & restart over again. All this after getting a new replacement box.

For anyone looking for an app that works extremely well at FF/REW Live TV, look in Google Play Store for ‘CosmiTV - IPTV Player’ There is a monthly subscription option ($2.xx/mo. Canadian) & a Lifetime Licence option for $3x.xx. I’ve tried it for a month - works great!

2 Likes

I am experimenting using Tivimate on a Nvidia Pro right now. My provider still has a couple of catchups left. I paused one non-catchup program for about 5 minutes and played it from the pause point and it never did automatically skip to present. The catchup program (which was the same program I used in the previous example) did as you would expect and could FF/RW as normal.

Btw, on the paused live channel I let several minutes elapse and it never did automatically skip to present. I had to click the “Live” button to force it to go to the live position. Also, when viewing a live feed when you click on your home button you will see “Dot”(record button) conveniently located on the far right next to the “Live” button. Fyi, I am not a big fan of recording live programming because too many issues can disrupt the quality of your recording.

2 Likes

Blockquote
Also, when viewing a live feed when you click on your home button you will see “Dot”(record button) conveniently located on the far right next to the “Live” button"
Blockquote

Powerfader I never thought of doing that, although as you also point out recording can sometimes cause rather annoying issues, but thank you for that insight :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.