TIVIMATE dead stop no external USB access

So after a few days of TIVIMATE trials have found the following.

1). TIVIMATE requires SMB samba version 2 to allow connection of a networked location. Most old routers have only smb1 so you can not really connect to a USB plugged into a router.

1. external USB memory can not be connected to TIVIMATE on many devices that use Android 10 for tv. Something blocks that from working with most older fire sticks and current ONN sticks and devices.

3). Supposedly fire stick 4K MAX can get around this limit and use an external USB. Because of how modern that fire stick is with os software. Also the most new chrome stick can work with TIVIMATE.

1. don’t try to build a NAS with raspberry pi or a used Mac mini as you might not get SMB to work for version 2. You may be better off with a full NAS for $300.

Comments appreciated. TIVIMATE does work well with nvidia shield pro device.

1 Like

I have hooked up tivimate with smb-1 with no problem…several times and different ways. So tivimate is not the culprit here. imho

4 Likes

Based on what im reading its older units with older os versions. Thats my theroy anyway.

4 Likes

most likely, I know services like emby require open smb to work

1 Like

The reason I believe for this as nvidea knows how to work with androids scoped storage and “most” others do not. I agree the shield is pretty much plug and play, flawless, easy setup. People are having difficult times often when attaching storage etc…nvidea has the know how techs, ive spent hours messing with this stuff and all I can really conclude is that Nvidea ROCKS… nuff said :eyes: :joy:

4 Likes

Can you share screen capture of your SMB 1 settings in TIVIMATE? Have never seen anyone show actual settings that are successful in a network.

1 Like

All you should need is the proper M3U playlist and EPG config from your provider.

Sorry just saw this question. I used smb1 because emby requires guest access to work properly. So basically I wanted to record with emby and tivimate to the same location. I used xplore to open my server config on android devices(basicall lan settings etc) I used my routers usb set with smb1 and a share folder on external hard drive. Then I directed all tivimate and emby recordings to the shared folder via smb1. xplore is the key to make it work.

Will try IPTV EXTREME to see how it works. Have used SPARKLE TV which will record to USB. Would like other alternatives.

Looks like IPTV EXTREME crashes if it detects an ad blocker. So looks like will need to bypass the SURFSHARK to get it working to test.

Have it working now. Had to use SAMSUNG TV PLUS streams to test and now all is working.

1 Like

I tried to install IPTV Extreme player today and was presented with a large popup window scolding me for using an Ad Blocker and telling me I must disable it to use the app. I wasn’t using an Ad Blocker, but I did have Surfshark VPN loaded. After disconnecting from Surfshark the player installed with no problems.

I was able to run my IPTV service fine until I reloaded Surfshark, at which time the big warning screen about using an Ad Blocker appeared and I could no longer use the player.

Troy didn’t mention this problem in his tutorial, so I assume he was using another VPN product at the time. I always have Surfshark VPN turned on, so this player cannot be used, probably not so much because of the VPN but more about the built-in ad blocker feature.

1 Like

You can turn off the ad blocking in SurfShark.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Miki, but if I want to watch movies on Filmplus without ads you must have SurfShark ad blocking turned on. I guess it comes down to what’s more important.

1 Like

Ya I don’t use any of those apps for that very reason, ads. I use Stremio. Real Debrid, Orion, and trakt integration. install the app on any device and once configured you log into it where ever it’s installed and your entire set up is applied, no configuration necessary and on both movies and TV Series there are absolutely no commercials.

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to try it your way. I use Real Debrid, but it’s been a few years since I used Kodi. (Durex was the build of choice.) Thanks.

I never use Kodi anymore. Stopped a couple of months ago.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 35 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have 2 Shields. Tivimate won’t record on either.

Are these Shield Pro?