Tivimate and iptv smarters guide

Is here a way on tivimate to have program guide show what’s playing instead of no information same thing with iptv smarters thanks just starting to get involved in ipt

2 Likes

You’re at the mercy of your iptv provider.

1 Like

TiViMate. Ok so I think what you’re referring to is EPG (Electronic Program Guide). You can add these to a playlist in your settings. I have 34 EPGs and load every one on every playlist. You also have the option of adding an epg to a specific channel.

@bbanahan

Welcome to the community.

Your epg is based on your iptv provider, you will need to speak to them, sometimes it takes awhile to load.

2 Likes

Here’s a good question @TP-Dracoo. If I have a paid IPTV service loaded in TiViMate can I not access the playlist and assign any EPGs that I want as you can with any free playlist that’s added? Inquiring minds want to know. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

@Miki

Any m3u or playlist provided by a iptv service is also handled by them. Like @pangaeatech you are at their mercy.

Its why i said what i did. Nothing much you can do if you use a paid service.

3 Likes

Yeah Mik… no diffrnce

U just add to EPG sources in plylist, like youve been doing

Ive got 6 sources 2 are paid (rarely use free)
Paid epg’s are superior
hth…

1 Like

So you can add extra EPGs to a paid playlist? Not entirely at their mercy. I should hope their lists are superior if you’re paying for it.

2 Likes

You are if you are using their epg with their service. Its not superior. You get what you get with a paid service. Sometimes its good sometimes its not. Its all in how they get there content and how they maintein it.

2 Likes

I’ve tried adding epgs from sources other than the embedded xtream code from my iptv subscriber they came in & they didn’t work for me…that’s not to say that they don’t work…I just haven’t had any luck with them.

2 Likes

The EPG On my provider has been down a few days now. Yesterday the US Entertainment guide was succesfully rebuilt and is being tested for stability before the other categories rebuild

3 Likes

Ahhh ok I get ya. I’m quite happy with my free and thousands of channels I’ll never use. :grin:

1 Like

So if you load multiple epg’s how do you combine them so you don’t have to to each one and change it to default

In TiVimate you don’t need to combine them, you just enable them in your Playlist.

Yeah I’ve been having issues with my paid source lately too. One of my go to resources for missing EPG info is Zap2it.com, https://tvlistings.zap2it.com. I have a tablet handy with the url bookmarked and setup with all my favorite channels from my local cable/satellite provider starred.
Works pretty well for me when needed. At least I can know what’s on when my IPTV EPG source is down.

1 Like

Yes! I still have active epg’s from past paid providers that I no longer use, and they still update. Those will work until the provider gets around to deleting them. I don’t think epg’s are a high priority to them? Maybe because an epg doesn’t take up too much resource on their servers like a playlist would do? :person_shrugging:

Btw, I have many channels’ epg’s that I have substituted with free and other paid epgs.

1 Like

@LoneWolf Have had Zap2it on my laptop for years & I do the same thing if my epgs go all squirrelly on me…wish they had an M3U we could slap into our players, as they are a pretty solid guide.

1 Like

Agreed. It would be awesome if they had a loadable EPG.

1 Like

I to have used zap for some time. You might also appreciate this.

2 Likes

There is a paid service where they will make an epg for you and host it for about $2-$3 bucks month.