Time to drop Firestick for Nvidia Shield?

Yes you can. But i think, according to their specs, it is only up to 32gb. Perhaps send them an email to clarify.

2 Likes

Streaming429, curious as to how much your wifi downstream is affected by Surfshark vpn? Thanks

1 Like

Here are the results a few mins ago via Wifi 5G

is that the New York server? For me…although NY is far away, that server always is fast. Im starting to use it more and more.

1 Like

What’s your ISP speed?

It’s the Atlanta server at the moment

1 Like

Spectrum 400mbps plan

2 Likes

Copy…my speed is 300Mbps to the modem & 150-ish @ the tv thru surfshark…hardwired.

very good speed for a vpn esp with a 400 plan. Datacamp hub holds the record for fastest vpn speeds ever recorded.

I just switched to LA which is across the country for me and here is what I get

not too shabby :+1: , datacamp rocks tho

I’ve never checked anything out of country. Maybe I will in a bit or later. Suggestions?

2 Likes

Hello Krasman,
I have a Shield Pro, a Formuler Z8 Pro, a Firestick 4K and a Firestick Max.
The Rapid App installer and X-Plore work perfectly on either the Shield or the Formuler. I personally use File Explorer more than X-Plore, mostly in order to FTP backups from one of the Firesticks to the other.
The Shield is by far the best unit from a operating standpoint and the AI Upscaling feature is great. The strength of the Formuler is the proprietary MyTvonline2 apk. Pretty much the same as IMPlayer. I have used TiviMate on all of my devices for years but DVR capabilities on MyTvonline2 is still much more reliable than on TiviMate.
BTW, don’t know if you have a Firestick Max but the OS is still full of bugs, my old 4k is still more reliable than the Max.
JJG

3 Likes

I’m in Mexico and use Dallas as my hub I get consistant 65Mbps down and 50 up, when I switch to Toronto Canada I gain about +10Mbps to those numbers but come up against geo-block issues. I’ve tried countless times to get good UK servers speeds but never quite get a solid fast connection.

1 Like

Here is a London server speed

1 Like

Yep, Dallas is my fav hub…but after checking the NY hub I am switching a few of my connections over there. I basically use the hubs of houston,Dallas, Tampa and NY…and every now and then LA. I generally have about 5 connections live all the time and usually switch manually but now surfshark claims they are doing that in the background.

1 Like

high ping but otherwise pretty good

Ya very high ping. Going to check more later on for something to do. Lol

2 Likes

Hey, oddly enough I can’t find any of my records that show me using NY. I’ll give that a try now. tx.

Thanks for the info.
I use X-Plore to send backups and TiViMate recordings to my media server via the SMB connection.
I also use X-Plore to install apps from my apps directory on my media server. This allows me to install apps without needing the APK on the firestick. Very helpful.
I have all three firesticks. The 3rd gen was my started stick. The got a 4k (it has 6.2.8.1 :frowning: ) and recently got a 4k max. I have not come across any noticeable bugs yet.
I am thinking about getting a Shield for the living room TV and Ugoos for the bedroom tv.
Hopefully my current firestick knowledge will carry over to these new streaming devices and there isn’t much of a learning curve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes