Third Party App Suspension

I recently had my Amazon account suspended due to third party apps loaded on my fire sticks. Has anyone else had this problem and any advice to get this matter resolved? Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

? What apps? How can they do that as third party apps in and of themselves are not illegal. Did they give you an explanation? This certainly is new and if that’s the case then your only option may be a google account and an AndroidTV device and not Amazon.

1 Like

Did a quick search and the first thing to pop up was this https://amazonsellerslawyer.com/blog/amazon-3rd-party-services-causing-suspensions/ not sure maybe something to do with 3rd party seller stuff and reviews :thinking:

1 Like

LOL if this were the case it sounds Very Big Brotherish. That would imply that Amazon is actively monitoring people’s Sticks and that just doesn’t sound like that would happen

2 Likes

The did not say. The customer service people I talked to just said that it was due to third party apps violations on my part. They claim that they sent me an email but I haven’t received anything. Was told that their fraud team will reach out to me within 3 to 5 business days. Mean while I have a bunch of their Alexa smart items that are useless right now.

2 Likes

It’s why im a big advocate for stock android. I’m sure somewhere in the fine print they have you to rights and so on. Stock android not gona happn. Even many non-stock androids will leave you alone. Its the usual suspects, google, amazon that want control of what you view.

6 Likes

But to be sure, did they state 3rd party APP or a 3rd party “Service”.

Not positive but I thought if you don’t turn off data collecting in settings than Amazon is actively monitoring your device, which is one of the many reasons I hate these giants.

2 Likes

I solved that whole problem by dumping Amazon several years ago

5 Likes

Following this to see if others got the same.

1 Like

Ya me to Wiz. So far nothing though. I have found references to 3rd party Services not apps, that violate Amazon terms of use.

2 Likes

Yea, this is related to services. Apps don’t have any bearing.

As long as people are getting their content threw a vpn dont worry.

3 Likes

Exactly Dracoo. Must have been some service data mining or something. Oh well. On to the next bit of fun. TTFN.

1 Like

Y’all remember this gem?

4 Likes

Yes, yes i do.

Google, amazon… everyone is trying to up there revenue and control our content.

2 Likes

I’m curious we’re all of your tracking settings turned off on the firestick/tv

1 Like

I was forced to update due to my firestick 4K freezing. I turned off Techdoctoruk and restarted my firestick. Now I’m no longer allowed to stop Amazon updates through the app nor Remote ADB. looking for a non-amazon and non-google device now.

1 Like

No FireTV OS or AndroidTV OS? hmmmm. Roku?

1 Like

I agree with you, I did the same thing.

I use the Shield and am happy with its performance. There are a few extra steps to take but it works well when set up.

3 Likes