The Perfect Movie & TV Show Streaming Setup

Yep…followed this to the letter and didn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Did you go into the addons in Stremio and enable it, along with all the movie ones you want?

Well, the instructions say that when you click the install after entering the API key it should open Stremio automatically but it didn’t. Do I have to have an account for it to work or can you still use it under a guest login?

1 Like

The account doesn’t cost anything. You simply sign up with an email/password, log in to the installed app, then go to the hamburger and then scroll down to addons and add what you want. I don’t think you can add real debrid into the free app. This app keeps your configuration settings as well as watched history, faves etc on their server. You can then log in to the installed stremio app anywhere on any device and your preferences, faves etc will automatically load.

1 Like

@Miki

You can import your rd api with the app on stremio, I did.

It was annoying but can be done.

1 Like

Now that’s where I think my problem is. I will try creating an account and see if I can then install the API key. Let you know how I fare out. Cheers!! :canada:

2 Likes

To address the RD API…maybe I’ll do it on my mobile to allow for the copy/paste function and then install the App on other streaming devices and just log in…especially if my creds are saved related to the account, not devices

1 Like

I had the exact same problem with Stremio/Torrentio. Input the (correct) RD API several times but no dice. Gave up in the end.

1 Like

That’s odd. I just set up torrentio this afternoon for someone. 4K Max. I got the API on my phone and entered it on the stick one letter/number at a time. Worked perfectly.

Thanks Miki. Would you mind taking a moment to explain how you do this with the phone (I have an iPhone) - it’s not working for me when I try to do it directly on the firestick?

Get the token. Enter it Torrentio - Stremio Addon.
Click install, open Torrentio in Stremio. And you should be g2g. Just make sure your Stremio is on and you are logged in, and make sure when using the phone you’re on the same network, and turn your vpn off on both the phone and your stick. Then after it’s installed then turn your vpn back on.

Get the token. Got it
Enter it [Torrentio - Stremio Addon] Done (several times on firestick)
Click install, open Torrentio in Stremio. Done - RD links say “error” and don’t work

This was all done on my firestick. What do you use the phone for?
(RD account paid up and working fine on other apps)

I use my phone to get the API token, enter it and install Torrentio. Make sur your VPNs are off when doing this

1 Like

OK, so you get the key on your phone and then manually into the firestick one digit/letter at a time, using the firestick remote/“keyboard”?

I used my remote, the countdown timer gives you lots of time.

OK, thanks. Yes, that’s what Ive done several times. It appears to take it but when I try to find a movie stream, all the RD ones are “Error - invalid RD key”.

That’s very odd. Sorry if you did that and installed it should come up with RD+

1 Like

So what I did was create my Stremio account using my PC, so I downloaded the Stremio app, created the account and then set everything up on it first, including the RD API Key for use with Torrentio. I then tried to link my account with the other versions of the Stremio app I have on my FireStick and NVIDIA Sheild. The link through QR Code function didn’t seem to work, not sure why. I couldn’t get it to work on my NVIDIA even when I logged in manually, but I managed to log in manually to the app on my FireStick and it seemed to work and my addons I set up using my PC seemed to be there. It was late last night, so I didn’t really get a chance to see if it really worked and if I saw the RD+ with any links. It’s a little wonky as an app, but if I can get it to work, it might be worth it. I know I can link my Trakt account with Stremio too. Anyway, I will have more of a look tonight and let you know further.

It has always worked flawlessly for me. The joy of it is if you have an account completely configured on the stick and you have Stremio installed on another device you simply log in on that device to your account and all your settings and favorites etc are there. You don’t have to reconfigure anything including your Torrentio. Now keep in mind, I am purely a Firestick guy, actually my nickname is Stickmann on Fire. So I shouldn’t say it will work flawlessly on any other OS apart from Fire TV OS 7 as that’s the only one I know. I have gone to friends houses, who have Firesticks, and Installed it on their sticks and logged into my account and had access to all my Stremio settings, including RD.
Have a great day and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

Yeah…I think it will work OK now. Like I said, I set it up on my Win10 Tablet, did what I needed to do and it worked fine. It seems to have worked on my FS last night. It was just on my Shield where I wasn’t sure if it worked. It is our prime TV and wife hates when I start doing things like this when she wants to watch TV. Hence the reason I usually do my testing on my FS before applying new things to the main streaming box downstairs.