The Nividia Sield

Yes mine arrived about 2 weeks after I ordered it. Works great.

1 Like

My remote came today. It is a dream! Nice feel with a little weight to it due to the AAA batteries required. It looks good and feels good in the hands Lots of functionality. One thing. What is the button at the top right with the X? Canā€™t seem to figure it out.

Thatā€™s the mute button for instant 0 volume

A Launcher is an app that controls your device and launches your apps. Remember I spoke about getting away from the stock launcher that is a part of the Shield and trying other launchers? Well for the past few weeks, I used ATV Launcher Pro. A wonderful launcher that is available in the Google Play Store.

Thanks to a member who pointed this out, I tried and liked the Sideload App Laucher 2. I missed the channels that came with the original Shield launcher. Now I create channels, and add apps to those channels using the Sideload App Launcher 2. Something I wanted to do with the original Shield Launcher in the beginning. Once you have mastered the Shield basics and want to go to the nest level learn, try and use other Launchers to customize your Shield experience.

1 Like

Iā€™m having trouble with the new remote. First of all, how do you get it into pairing mode? I thought I had it but it only stays paired for a few minutes, then quits working. I donā€™t think I am pairing it correctly. Please help.

Sorry about being slow getting back with you Benny there is a setting in security you have to set to keep it from unpairing. From your home screen go to the gear cog in the top right corner for settings go down until you see security and restrictions. Click to enter that and scroll down until you see Bluetooth LE privacy and turn that off. From there on your remote should stay paired, on a side note to turn the shield on you press the large okay button in the middle to activate it not the power button. The power button is used to turn it off and you can long press the power button to bring up a menu for restart or sleep as well. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks @Quazar .worked like a charm! I never would have figured that out. I appreciate the time you took to point me in the right direction.

Great suggestion.Thanks for the help. Iā€™ve bought the remote but have not installed the Shield as of yet. Next week, Iā€™ll try.

Try this. When you first open the program, and choose whether or not you want the program guide, choose the first one, which does NOT give you the EPG. Choose a channel, then hold down your enter button, until a menu pops up. The ā€œAdd to favoritesā€ option will be there.

1 Like

It worked! Thanks so much. Iā€™m relatively new to IPTV. I heard that Area 51 closed new registrations so I thought I would try Players Klub on the nvidia Shield.

I apologize to Troypoint for going slightly off subject on this post, but I ask the question in the context of using IPTV on the nvidia Shield. This way I can investigate issues surrounding IPTV on the Shield and can answer questions from Shield owners having problems with their IPTV configuration.

Thanks once again for the technical prowess exhibited by @MaverickCoast ! I knew I would get pointed in the right direction by him. Perfect example of how this forum works for beginners or power users like @MaverickCoast and myself.

1 Like

I wonder if it is possible to have a separate forum area devoted to Nvidia Shield so that we can address different things specific to the Shield?

Just ask any question or thoughts you have, and Iā€™m sure someone here will be glad to help you, or have feedback on whatever you want to talk about. I have a Shield, and you can find my posts, which explain my experience with it. A few negatives, too, just sayinā€™! :wink:

OK, thanks.

Hereā€™s my problem. I have been a Firestick and FireTV user for several years. I now also own a NVIDIA Shield. It was working great, but it seemed around the timing of Kodi 18 being available (probably just coincidental), I started having real problems getting streams to work. First it was in Kodi, and now I canā€™t get any streams to work in Cinema, BeeTV and CyberFlix. Nothing works.

I have rebooted, wiped and started all over from scratch with the Shield. I use IPVanish and Real Debris. I have tried with and without either IPV or RD on or off. I have rebooted both my ISP modem and router. I have tried everything that everyone seems to have offered as solutions. I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

Everything else on the Shield like YouTube, Netflix, Pandora work fine. I just did a speed test for internet speed at it was 70mbs (ethernet setup).

Iā€™m thinking my next step is to shut down everything one by one, and wipe the Shield and start again from scratch. But Iā€™d like to make a simple install of something (add-on, build or APK) that SHOULD work and see what happens.

Any thoughts??? Iā€™m about to need professional help!

have you reathurized real debrid where you have to go to the website with real-debrid/device in the url and type in the letters that are on the screen?

1 Like

Talk to NVIDIA Support. They are available 24 a day. Iā€™ve had great experiences with them. I remember when I first got my SHIELD a situation arose where I had trouble pairing a device. The agent stayed on the phone with me for over 20 minutes to get me right. Then at the end of the conversation, thanked me and said they are always there and to call any time. A great experience.

Are the apps up to date? Do you have more than one player installed? Have you tried changing players, if it gives you the option? I always have MX Player, and VLC installed on my devices.

Iā€™ve had the same issues as you, but my problem is streaming IPTV services. Iā€™m not having the issues you are having with the apps you mentioned, though. I called nVidia and my VPN service, but neither could solve the problem. Weird part is, is that I have no issues with my two Fire TVs, but BOTH my Shields wonā€™t stream IPTV for more than a few minutes. Iā€™ve checked everything like you, but still havenā€™t found an answer. I read somewhere, that it might have to do with a previous update, but donā€™t know anything more than that. Other people though, have said they donā€™t have any issues with their Sield TV.

Iā€™m stumped, at this point.

1 Like

Hello @tobasco27, @JimCasy and @MaverickCoast. Maybe it is something to do with SHIELD firmware versions. I am currently using version 7.2.3 (30.6.131.70). I have no problems with streams, IPTV or anything. Are we all using the same version?

Iā€™ll check. I heard that was a possibility, ever since they did their last update or two.

Yes, multiple times. Every time I try something new I re-enter RD

Yes, Iā€™m using the same version as you. Btw - do you have the contact # for nVidia Shield? Might as well give them a try. Thanks