The Crew Kodi Addon - Maxing out Firestick Storage

I set my friend up with a firestick. Instead of watching movies on Cinema he prefers to watch them on The Crew. Somehow Kodi was taking up more than 2gb of storage maxing out his firestick. I cleared the cache however that didn’t solve the problem. Any Suggestions?
I’ve since deleted Kodi and installed the current version however I feel like he will have the same issue again in the future.

We say this an awful lot in here, but the new Kodi really shouldn’t be run on Firesticks. You CAN, people do, but just takes way too many resources to run. Especially Kodi 20.

1 Like

One of Troy’s forks with one or two addons is about the best you can do for the Max. Now that being said adding a powered hub and a 128GB Sandisk 3.1 USB drive helps you to clean up the stick and free up space.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

Mine is 681MB with a skin and a few addons. No way it should be 2GB unless you’re using a build with a whole bunch of extra crap. Clear your app data, uninstall Kodi, reinstall 20.1 and just the crew. Then see how big it is.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.