The 5 Best VPNs With Obfuscated Servers

Sounds like you have a plan. The KM1 Deluxe I believe is just a memory upgrade from the original. 4 mb Ram vs 2mb and 32 mb memory vs 16 – though I could be wrong. Has a nice processor and I suspect like my old Dynalink…the wifi electronics are a lot better than the Fire devices – I was/am getting twice the wifi speeds vs any Fire device with the exact same setup (VPN or not). No bloatware etc.

I’ll bet Troy and company + plus people here + everyone else with Android TV devices are looking for a workaround for Play Protect.

Unfortunately, thanks to Troy and others here, that is the first thing I did. Troy’s tutorial erroneously says that this will turn off Play Protect. It does not. Nobody is perfect ha ha.

Thats what I have on my km6 and ive installed anything I want with no google stopping me. I would suggest digging a little deeper. This km6 has never had one issue, runs smooth

It doesn’t actually block me from downloading IPTV app, though it tries to dissuade me. You can go to “details” on the attempted block and then choose “install anyway”. Then the app is there and it works. But once or twice a day it will “disappear” your app with a message, “dangerous app removed” or something like that. Forcing you to re-install the app and continue playing that game.

verify on km6 is play protect. It will scan and disable and/or remove apps if on.

Not on my device, otherwise it wouldn’t be removing apps after I disable “verify”. Pangeatech has the same problem. Perhaps versions of Android TV are different? I think my KM1 Deluxe is still running 10?

mine is on 10, have you gone into unknown sources and allowed it for your iptv player?

Yes. This is the first thing we do as a “developer” isn’t it? I suppose if we didn’t have these problems this wouldn’t be so fun of a “hobby” would it lol?

I can download anything from anywhere with no notifications just by toggling my KM6/Settings/Apps/ Security & Restrictions/Verify Apps to OFF. Play Protect doesn’t affect me in any way…other than I have no toggle switch for it & it just says Play Protect certification…Device is certified & like I said I can’t seem to download some apps that I should be able to from the Play Store…but no problem anywhere else. So…to summarize…I guess I really don’t care about Play Protect, as it doesn’t affect me from doing anything I need to do :face_with_peeking_eye:

Also Android 10…no updates for a couple of yrs I believe.

1 Like

I have and tested the KM2. Performance vs. the FireTV was sub par. A month testing and now in the cast off pile and back to the ever dependable Max. Same as all other devices, personal choice is a great thing. One thing we all agree on is cord cutting is an adventure and provides a great learning opportunity with so many here sharing their knowledge and skills.
Happy new year :tada: :sparkles: everyone.

1 Like

Differing opinions, my firesticks were donated to the goodwill charities :joy:

1 Like

Exactly. Differing opinions are a good thing. Some just can’t get the FireTV OS and it’s good there are options for those.
Stay warm and safe everyone.

2 Likes

Google blocks some apps that they deem as incompatible for various reasons including the remote that comes with the box. Often its a poor judgement on their behalf but I digress :joy:

1 Like

Here is something I just tried: settings>>apps>>permissions>>special app access>>usage access>>Google Play services (toggle off) and Google Play Store (toggle off)

We will see what happens. Of course I’ll have to turn it back on to get apps from the store in the future.

Hope I remember lol.

I too value different opinions on devices and other. There should be a fairly easy scientifically set-up comparison study. But maybe we wouldn’t want that. To each his own; and use what you like.

Oh hey I agree. Trouble is with the internet, let alone the VPNs, there are just so many devices that need different settings, even between identical devices settings can vary. With so many VPNs it would be a massive undertaking to compare every one on identical devices and locations not to mention different ISPs.

It would be an easy study if you had a “lab” to compare various devices and setups and settings directly. Same IP, same VPNs, same settings… and then you could maximize each device and compare results. It wouldn’t be perfect, but it would give us a general idea according to our wants and needs.

So true. It would be a guide to “begin” understanding and setting up VPNs, but of no value universally. There are already tons of comparisons and tests for streaming devices. The net is loaded with them. You should give it a go.

Or…you could just be like Ron & purchase & try every streaming device ever made on planet earth. :face_with_monocle: