The 5 Best VPNs With Obfuscated Servers

The 5 Best VPNs With Obfuscated Servers
https://www.makeuseof.com/best-vpns-with-obfuscated-servers/

4 Likes

On SurfShark…“The Camouflage mode is automatically activated when you connect to a server using the OpenVPN (UDP/TCP) protocol.”

Nice to know this…always wondered how to get into it on my streaming device… :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: Doubt if I’ll use it very much, as I can’t even get 25Mbps out of either protocol :roll_eyes:

1 Like

With Proton the protocol is called “Stealth” and using it my speeds go from 85 Mbps down to 40. Still good enough for streaming I guess.

Copy that…about half speed loss…I get 150 - 200Mbps using Wireguard so that’s a whole lot more loss. Think you mentioned a while back that it’s probably something different with everybody’s ISPs…I believe I agreed with that. Still can’t think of any other reason either :thinking: guess I’ll stick with that…ha ha

Ya that’s only a 50% loss using the Stealth protocol. I get 80 to 85 with wireguard depending on server location and load.

That’s good to know. I switched over to Open (TCP) to try and get around internet connection failing (kill switch activating). Seems to be working. Using a mecool KM1 Deluxe…A bit off topic, but has anyone figured out how to actually disable Play Protect? I switched off the check apps (or whatever it’s called in device settings) and in Google Play Store, the pathway to switch off Play Protect leads to a “find out more” and a Google website.

That’s all I can do with my KM6 also…not positive, but I believe Google Certified TV O/S setup we have doesn’t give you that option…strait android & amazon O/Ss I believe do. I might be wrong on the how to & why for…but you’re not alone. There are also many apps I cannot seem to get thru the Play Store on my KM6 or my (also Google Certified) ONN box. No biggie, as I have plenty of other wells to drink from :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I guess getting Netflix in 4k is about the only good thing about a device being “Google Certified”. ?

Was wondering if there was a way to use Task Killer app or something to shut down Play Protect. I’ll bet someone comes up with something fairly quickly.

2 Likes

And so far, my only real annoyance with Play Protect is that it nixes my IPTV service once or twice a day. “Dangerous app removed”. However when I download it from Downloader Favorites it asks if I want to update the copy I have. My favorites and other settings are also retained on the “new” download. So there must be some semblance of the program still on my device.?

Have you seen in google settings of playstore an option to turn off “improve harmful app detection”? It sounds as if this is enabled. On my device that is right under play protect. I keep both off.

Unfortunately, that option is not there either. The only thing I did disable was automatic app update. But this had no effect either.

Didn’t you, Miki & myself have this conversation a bunch of months back? :thinking: Then again, with my memory, we could’ve just been exchanging Certified Cookie Recipes :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s all I can do with my KM6 also…not positive, but I believe Google Certified TV O/S setup we have doesn’t give you that option…strait android & amazon O/Ss I believe do. I might be wrong on the how to & why for…but you’re not alone. There are also many apps I cannot seem to get thru the Play Store on my KM6 or my (also Google Certified) ONN box. No biggie, as I have plenty of other wells to drink from :cowboy_hat_face:

Curious what other apps seem to be blocked in Google Play Store? I have a bunch of Fire devices, but went to a cheap Dynalink Android TV device a few years ago. Just picked up this Mecool KM1 Deluxe for a great price and really like it. Done with Amazon devices I think.

I personally don’t remember that conversation, but that certainly doesn’t mean it didn’t happen lol.

Now…I believe I have searched for an APK via your basic search engine (I use JioPages mostly) that I couldn’t get on the PlayStore & was able to download it that way. Like I said before tho…PlayStore is one of the latter places I go for APKs…I go to 3 or 4 other stores first. Not familiar with the KM1 Deluxe but am very happy with my model…glad you got a good price & like yours…that’s always a good thing. :+1:

1 Like

I will hook up my km6 in a bit and look around :crazy_face:

You remember where you put it? :thinking: :rofl: :eyes:

1 Like

Wasn’t he using it as a meme generator? :thinking: :joy: :

1 Like

LMAO…by golly, I think he was :rofl: :joy:

see if this helps, goto settings>>>apps>>>scroll all the way down to security and restrictions and make sure unknown sources is on for what ever apps you want and turn off verify apps. Check that and see if it helps.