Techdocuk cache cleaner?

I did a search to see if there was any information on Techdoc’s cache cleaner or any other cache cleaner here on the Insider. I couldn’t find anything since 2021.

Anyhow I routinely check the apps on my Fire TV box to see how much data/cache is hanging around. Especially the stuff that Amazon jams on in things like Photos, Prime, Freebee, Music…etc. So I end up, tediously, clearing cache and data even though I never use those items. And I really don’t generate much data in the cache from any of the Kodi stuff. It’s mostly all Amazon.

I saw the TechdocUK cache cleaner on the Amazon store. $1.99 for the app. Is this a good one or is there something just as effective that is free?

Lots of info on cache cleaning and maintenance of your firestick. Lots of info.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

The TDUK cache cleaner was suppose to be offered in the play store for the Nvidia Sheild. Been waiting for about 6 weeks still not their .

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Anyone that purchased and uses the TDUK Cache Cleaner, have you noticed that this only clears the cache of the apps in internal storage? I keep, for example, Kodi on my external SSD on my Shield, and I kept noticing it was cleaning other apps but not that. I started to realize it was all apps located there. Not the biggest deal in the world, but maybe something to be aware of. His App Killer force stops these same apps on the USB drive, so not sure why one works on them but not the other.

These are all the active apps the Cache Cleaner app did not clean; Aurora Store, LM, MX, Plex, SmartTube, Strix, TV App Repo, Virus Total, VLC, X-plore, YoWindow.

I have 50 apps showing in my “All Apps” settings. I have 41 app showing on my “Apps” page.

Also, I have noticed from the beginning if I first clear cache using the Cache Cleaner app and then go to my Nvidia storage and clear all cache data it will clear a few more Mbs. It is never that much difference but it does clear more than the TDUK Cache Cleaner app. I figure it has something to do with package coding…not sure?

People who use a Nvidia can easily clear cache within a few seconds without the TDUK Cache Cleaner app. Although, I find myself using TDUK’s app most of the time because it is very convenient and clears most of the cache.

Also, keep in mind that unless you force close an app it will begin regenerating the cache for any active app. I will first clear all cache and then force close all apps. Now with TDUK adding a bit of a whitelist I always have about 6 apps running in the background. Although, if I experience the least little bit of buffing. I will use the TDUK apps and clear out apps and cache in mere seconds. Using a Nvidia I have two quick options for accessing the TDUK apps with a one click operation. I can double click my home button and it will reveal my recent apps and then I can click on them and clear, or I can double click my settings button and the settings page will open. Then I can scroll down to apps and it will display my most recent apps and can access them from there. The 2nd option will return me to the Tivimate app without needing to re-access the app.

Once I moved Kodi back to internal storage, as in the first 16gb Shield comes with, it now clears that cache. Just must not look into that secondary device, even though it is formatted for internal storage.

I think so too. The 10 apps it didn’t fully clear for me are on my usb storage. However, the App Killer does close them. Plex and VLC have always acted strange on y device. Sometimes they seem to open in the background without me doing so. I think they are tied into other apps in some way?

What’s strange is the Cleaner will clear some apps but only partially. Sometimes it leaves a residual few Kbs.

Apps that remain running in the background will immediately begin adding the cache back.

The attachments show which apps TD originally excluded in his App Killer. He has since added a few more such as SS, and Monitor Dot. Don’t know if he added Proton VPN or not. Although, once he adds the feature for the end user to whitelist what they choose will be better for all.

1 Like