TDUK App Killer Update

Yep
20 Characters

Hopefully he adds the custom whitelist soon, it is weird that it killed my Launcher Manager. It left button mapper, VPN/Dot and Wolf Launcher running.

1 Like

Am impressed by the apps other than that though. Appreciate the efforts of the Tech Doctor, makes a tedious task a few clicks and done.

2 Likes

I already brought this up and it seems like nobody else has this problem when I clear the cache on my app especially TV mate I lose all my recording settings.

1 Like

Thatā€™s weird. If the App Killer when force closing an app also cleared data. Then that would clear everything out including your providers info. So I donā€™t understand why it would just clear your recordings settings and not everything it has stored in data. Clearing cache would not alter your settings in any way. The only way to clear your recording settings (other than by the end user) would be to clear all data, but that would mean everything is cleared and you would have to do a restore data from your Tivimate settings.

The recordings will still be listed, however they will not record. I have to go in and update the recordings. And if I reboot my 4k max , then I have to unplug and replug my 128 gigabyte scan disk.

And this happens when you clear your cache? Try going to your Tivimate app in settings on your on your device and clear cache for that one app and see if the same issues crop up. I am curious about this oddity. Clearing cache should not affect any settings at all. I can see clearing data would but not cache.

You must have operated 7.0 or higher, go to settings, click on my fire tv and click about , thats whete you check for orperter settings

When I clear cache on tivimate only same issue.

Are you sure you are not clearing data? I tested this issue out on my end and clearing cache has no effect on my recordingā€™s settings or schedule.

I know the difference. Itā€™s probably just something wrong with my system.

Hey Tippy :thinking:

TechDoctorUk unfortunatly Made The App For Fire/Os 7 and Android 8.0 And Above I Had The Same Problem Purchased It Off Amazon Before I Read The App Stats.

I Use The Firestick 4K And My O/s Is 6.2 So Yeah I Cannot Make It Work Either Itā€™s The same As TheTechDoctors Cache Cleaner App Designed For Firesticks That Dont Work Unless I Upgrade My Device I.m Going Android Soon Im Hopefully Getting The Spaceship of Streaming Devices Android 11.0 Android Media Player A95X F4.

Any Way Take Care
Regards
IR0NEAGLE1 (Pete)

Hey Power Fader Its Pete (IR0NEAGLE1) We Spoke A While Back When My Firestick Messed Up Hope You Remember Me lol.

TechDoctorUk - App Killer Kills Background Processes If You Have Fire O/s 7.0 Or Android 8.0 The Cache Cleaner Of Amazon Appstore Or Google Play Has It I Think You Have To Go Here For A Pin ( Similar To Award Vpn)
Https://Thetechdoctoruk.com For The Pin

Best Wishes And Regards
Pete :england:

The pin is for the free version of the Cache Cleaner. The paid version requires no pin. Also, I do not believe TDUK is offering a free version of the App Killer

:+1: Thankyou Power-fader ye the cache cleaner only works on fire os 7 and I didnā€™t realise the pin dissapearred if you buy cache cleaner app lol learn summit new everyday I do

Regard Pete

1 Like

Cache cleaner is not cleaning cache on Amazon Live Shopping on Firestick 4KMax

I have noticed the Cleaner doesnā€™t get them all, but it does get the vast majority. Nvidias Clear Cache Data will clear a bit more, but I am talking only a bit more in Kb. Not enough to cause me stress.

Also, I believe the TDUK app is reading the package details to know which ones to clean and which ones to leave alone. The cleaner does not mess with systems apps. So, maybe the Amazon appā€™s script is written in a way to look like a systems appā€¦donā€™t know.

Also, when you clear cache for an app and that app is not closed and is still running in the background. Then that app will immediately begin populating cache again. If you can force close an app. Then it will remain closed and not populate anymore cache until you reopen it.

Amazon is notorious for blocking other apps from manipulating their proprietary apps.

Bottom line, TDUK Cache Cleaner is by far more convenient to use especially with FSā€™s limited means to clear cache within their own settings.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not bothered with this so far but where is the pin cache cleaner available on his site? Only paid ones show in Google and Amazon stores.

15 foot snowbank on each side of my driveway! and it is Spring! :melting_face:

1 Like

TDUK FREE APK: TDUK Cache Cleaner 2023 (FREE Edition) | TechDoctorUK

PIN CODE GENERATOR: TechDoctorUK Cache Cleaner

Fyi, the pin code generator is all the way down at the bottom of the page.

Btw, if you find yourself liking this app. I would strongly recommend getting the paid version. Getting a pin every time, you use this app is a pia and quite frankly defeats the purpose of the convenience of clearing the cache.

1 Like