T95 box on ebay for 39.99

This is Exactly the kind of FUD you should avoid listening to. Return it or you will Die! LOL @Art I’ve had 2 T95Z Plus boxes for 6 years now and can assure you I have absolutely zero Malware and never had. Can this happen? Yes but please Cmon people let’s use common sense it’s not like every single one of these boxes has cooties in them.

4 Likes

These boxes are poorly supported - did you get any updates?

Is the article wrong? If known at the time, would you have brought them?

OP asked as he just got the device and I thought to link that post.

1 Like

What support or updates do I need? These boxes are android Stock and have been running smooth for years. I just wanted to point out that Malware can be found on any box and some of these articles are so overblown. Your basically telling him to return his brand new box based on something you have read.

1 Like

I’ve had the older version of t95 and it worked perfect. What can actually happen if there’s malware in it in Laymans terms I’m happy with the box the new one I mean people are worrying me. Thank you.

Like I posted before I had the older version t95 and I enjoyed it. The new one is working perfect what can actually happen to me if there’s malware in it thank you. I’m gonna delete this post in about four hours. I’m getting too many negative comments. Thanks for your help.

No need to delete the posts or worry. There are people here that will tell you the FBI and CIA are hiding in your Box and you will go to Jail for Life. Honestly I wouldn’t worry about it but you will find there are way more paranoid members in here than not. But if it’s gonna make you worry and sweat it out than I don’t know. Maybe return it. People here will tell you to only buy Certified high end boxes. Then there are people like me that have used these Cheap China Boxes for years without issues and love them. I just got the $20 ONN 4K Box and absolutely love it. At the end of the day it’s your decision but please don’t be swayed by the fear mongoring here

5 Likes

What brought me to get one was I had an old T 95 then I went to a fire stick really don’t care for those so I got this new one and I am actually quite happy with it but I just need to know what malware can actually do spelled out in Laymans terms like can I steal my credit card information or what’s the deal?

Again, people will tell you your identity can be hacked by Malware on an android Box but I just don’t see it or understand how that could happen. I have not seen one instance of this here on this forum or elsewhere. Lot’s of Articles claiming malware is on these boxes however when it comes to actual damages that are happening? I see nothing. Cricketts. Corrupted Files? A fried Box? Okay I can believe that but where are the Aliens in these boxes?

2 Likes

OK thank you can you suggest a good maintenance cleaner for this box? Have a good day I appreciate your input.

sorry, other than clearing the cache, I have never used any cleaners/maintenance apps on either box going on 6 years now. I run KODI with RD + Trakt, Tivimate with a few paid IPTV services and various other Apps. Have plenty of storage and never ran into issues. But there are several others here who use these apps. Try doing a search of the forum and have a great day yourself

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to scare anyone.
I have had one of these before among other cheap boxes - they didn’t work for me.

I do like security updates and is why I no longer have these

1 Like

low

You can always run a malware scan like the one in DefSquid. I’ve had my share of “cheap china” boxes over the years and they did their jobs. Also, one other thing, I have different emails for different things. I don’t attach personal information to any Android device, including Nvidia Shield. I run Virus Total and Malware scans from time to time on everything if I install any new app or apk. I would just put a few apks on the device and check it out.

OK I may give tivimate a try are use perfect player with a paid IPTV service and kodi Thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

do I detect just a hint of sarcasm there?nah…couldn’t be lol

1 Like

Trust me,they sit out in the open long enough,they all gonna have a few cooties lol.

No sarcasm there, except the competent Biden administration - 100% sarcasm.

1 Like

Do you happen to know the downloader code for? Defsquid thanks.

I would just like to thank everyone for their input And have a good day

Just go into Downloader and type in DefSquid. The page comes up then just download the apk