T95 box on ebay for 39.99

2 sites I never use or go to. You Tube and netflix, although I also do not use any of the social media platforms except 1 for my Family. Like you, I never understood what “certified” does for me, especially when I don’t use or want it.

3 Likes

This!!! 1000% (post must be 20 Characters)

2 Likes

Lightinthebox has 3 versns of T95ers, from $32-40 (1g-16, 4g-32, 4g-64rom)
(3 vers, 1description)

1 Like

Check this, Its almost near the ugoos ut8, a powerful rockchip box. I have the ut8 and its what I game with…albeit golf :rofl:… great specs tho…

Amazon.com: 8K Android TV Box 11.0, RUPA Smart TV Box RK3566 4-Core 64 Bits, 8GB RAM 64GB ROM Android Box with 1000M LAN Dual WiFi 2.4G/5G, Support 8K/6K/4K 3D BT4.0 USB 3.0 Android TV Box : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/Android-RUPA-RK3566-4-Core-Support/dp/B0BFJ2QHBK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=289Y95Y6TGBSE&keywords=android+box+8gb+ram&qid=1674352550&sprefix=android+box+8gb+ram%2Caps%2C885&sr=8-3

1 Like

thanks for the find Comtech just ordered one i will give it a try for that price i have only messed with firestick and onn box hope it not to hard to figure how to install apps on it new to all this streaming but like to play bring back memories from the Dave and Charlie days

@ joe981

sure seems like a box that would be great for tivimate plus you can add additional storage?
what’s not to like,i bought 2 of them

you’re right! those were the days,i made a killing off cards and emulators

I always knew those “people” as Charlie & Beverly, LOL

I’m thinking along the same lines…I’d like to get one just to live & learn. Now if I can sneak $40 past my family’s CFO, I think I’ll get one.

Beverly lived up in Canada,Dave was in the US LOL

1 Like

Hey guys I just found this should we be worried hope this is ok to post. Malware Comes Standard With This Android TV Box on Amazon

1 Like

That is very alarming and should be a warning to all.

2 Likes

The article adressed the Allwinner T616 processor, not others. BUT, it wouldn’t be surprising if it was present in other Chinese processors…which include a lot of stuff now days.

I understand that security issues/malware are to be taken seriously. However have there been any documented instances/cases where somebody had their identity stolen, financially compromised, or hacked based on somebody getting info from their streaming box? I’ve used these Chinese boxes for years and have never worried about this happening. I do realize there are more nervous nellies on this site than the typical subset of the population as a whole but man it’s just a box.

It’s probably less of a potential problem on a streaming box than on phones and computers.

But it’d be a good idea to avoid making purchases using the device.

1 Like

Well Markx, when I go buy you of these generic boxes, you’ll be one of my gotoguys when asking questions then.

1 Like

Please give us a review after you get them.

1 Like

I think it is safe to say that this box hasn’t had this much attention in its history, by a wide margin. :joy: All I would say is be careful buying these no-brand boxes. Others have had good luck with them, I truly hope that is the case. They are littered all over Amazon and eBay for $30-40 for a reason. They make the boxes and specs look real badass, but there will be no support or anything like that and no quality guarantee. I just don’t want to see everyone jump to get these because we are chatting about it and get burned.

Good point.
Hopefully Comtech will give us a report when he’s played around with his.

1 Like

I hear you but getting burned for $40? I think most could recover. LOL And when you say Brand what are you specifically referring to? And if you mean that folks should buy certified that’s where I would tune out to your recommendation. There is absolutely NO reason to buy a certified box unless someone wants to watch their paid Netflix and Prime sub on their streaming box. And most should realize if they want to do that then save the money on the Box because there is something called an APP that is most likely on you r TV that will allow you to do the same thing. Sorry @AMD237 having a bit of fun stirring the pot here but I’m just so sick of people constantly poo pooing these Generic Boxes that a lot of us have had great success with.

1 Like

I am absolutely not advocating to go and buy certified boxes. I’m not even saying these are bad boxes and can’t work great. What I’m saying is, people will go out and buy things based on our recommendations. I’m glad you have had good luck with them, and I trust your judgement. All I was trying to point out was that we are buying from a company that nobody knows and may not even exist lol. Yes, I know it is only $40, but I get yelled at for a lot less.

2 Likes

LOL :sweat_smile:
Neither my wife nor I grew up having a lot of money. And we had some serious financial struggles as a young family. So we are careful to this day with our discretionary income.
Nowadays, setting $40 on fire isn’t going to hurt us, but I’d rather splurge on some nice steaks to grill or a case of craft beer than pay $40 for a brick.

1 Like