Surfshark Widget Not Available on Firestick Max and NVIDIA SHIELD

Troy put out a video showing the steps to putting the Surfshark widget onto Wolf Launcher, however, I still am unable to add it on any device. I have Wolf on my Nvidia Shield Pro, Firestick Max and 2 Firestick 4ks. I have the most up to date versions of Wolf and SS. When I click on the “widget” section, I see a few possible widgets to add, but not Surfshark. I’ve tried uninstalling both in a different order, but it never gives me the option of SS widget under the widget section. I asked on the previous thread, which was then closed. I thought I could figure this out myself, but have been unable. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

What would cause any of these sticks that I have loaded with apps to not have any widgets available to select? Is this the issue of Wolf, LM (dont think it is LM as I run LOB on Amazon devices) or SS? I apparently am the only one who has this issue, but I cant think of a logical explanation for it or how I may have caused it. My Shield gives me Wolf widget option and two other non-important potential widgets. I realize not having the SS widget on the devices isnt the end of the world, but I do like the idea of having it ultra visible.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have been still trying to figure this topic out, and I just can’t seem to get it. I used ADB Shell to do Troy’s trick and enable widgets, but why the heck isn’t Surfshark one of my Widget options in Wolf when I have had the SS app installed for a long while?

I would dig through your permissions…really dig …for surfshark and wolf launcher and enable them.

1 Like

I’ll try that…I know I enabled SS before, but not Wolf. Not sure why I would be the only person that has to do this though. In Troy’s video, it popped right up for him.

usually its an adb debugging thing. Once you figure it out you wont forget. All boxes play different. The shield tends to be the easiest because they are pros with the android system…others not so much.

I have the widget on my android phone, I would have thought the box thing would have been easier lol.

1 Like

Have you tried sending the widget to your Max using either EFT(easy fire tools) or apps2fire and then see if your system recognizes and loads it.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that, but I’m not sure I know the proper path for a widget. I have not thought about doing anything like this yet, I love the idea. I’ll fiddle.

1 Like

I too have the same issue…still digging.

2 Likes

If I figure anything out, I will most definitely post here, or pm you directly. I figured there would be more people with this issue, but either we’re the only ones or not many are wanting to have the widget on Wolf.

Thanks, ive tried everything i can think of but i couldnt get Troy’s adb trick to work either even after 3 attempts following the instructions given exactly. I did use adb to connect an external usb drive to provide more storage space for my 4k max. I’ll keep trying tho. If by chance i stumble across an answer, I’ll be sure to pass it along.

I too have the same problem!!!

1 Like

I also had this problem, so i tried the SS app in the the troypoint rapid app installer. This updated my SS app (thought i already had the most upto date version.) and suddenly the widget was available to install on the screen.
Installed on shield tv 1st gen
SS version 2.8.2.7

3 Likes

For info: I’m currently running a Firestick 4k with 8gb internal ram. Fire OS version 6.2.8.1 (NS6281/4061). Surfshark version 2.8.1.8. Wolf launcher version 0.1.9-Wolf. Along with Launcher Manager 1.1.6.

Home screen of Wolf is completely void of any widgets to select from.

What drives me the most crazy, is that I just dont know where Wolf pulls this from. And why some people have that option, or some people dont.

It depends a lot on your device and it’s updates. A lot of these “missing” icons were addressed in an Amazon Update earlier this year.