SurfShark rolling out great new feature

I was testing out Multihop last night, just for fun. In most of my test, the US through Canada multihop location was just as fast if not faster and more stable than my go-to Detroit location. I always thought it would surely slow speeds down, but I’m a bit confused by this new data. Anyone else have any experience testing this vs the normal locations?

Basically its location related. Multihop being faster could just be “at this time” as internet data flow is not static. multihop is multiple connections to reach a target vs normal mode 1 connection (hop).

I agree, it could be a fluke. But what happens if it isn’t? I’m going to try it out for a while and report back. It just doesn’t make any logical sense to me how that could outperform a server that is 4 hours drive time away from my house by going through 2 countries.

same as it makes no sense I get better speeds out of NY server and im closer to Houston/Dallas servers.

ive seen people on the west coast connect to servers on the east coast and it solved their buffering issues…go figure :roll_eyes: :face_with_monocle:

I too do not enjoy this error message and disconnection when it happens but im still using. Doesn’t happen very often and I use it on all my live Android boxes(5) & my cell and Laptop & Desktop.

Cheers