Surfshark 70 percent speed reduction

I have recently been concerned with the slow speeds I am getting when using Surfshark VPN and decided to contact them expressing my concerns. On all my devices (Formuler Z11 Pro Max, Nvidia Shield and One 4k Stick) I am getting around 400+ Mbps Down from my Wifi or Gigabit Ethernet connections but when Using VPN those speeds are reduced to around 40-90 Mbps which is a terrible reduction. After many emails etc with Surfshark and trying all their possible solutions it is their opinion that ALL my CPU’s apparently (specifically this used by Android type devices) cannot handle the encryption to give faster speeds when using VPN? They have now sent me the following…

We can understand that having a slow connection speed can be frustrating, unfortunately, all of the possible troubleshooting steps were exhausted.

Have a delightful day, and if you have any further questions, let me know!

So please be aware that Surfshark no longer thinks Android devices entirely suitable for its product…

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Surfshark Review - State of the Art, Fast, and Feature-Rich VPN