Surfshark 3.2 connection issues

Any one else getting grief with the lastest surfshark update 3.2….never had this connection problem before. I have to reinstall it every time or one better now I ask for a forced stop and then it will connect. Support wasn’t much help.

4 Likes

I’ve been having issues with SS and I have read other posts of members having issues. I went back to my old VPN.

2 Likes

surfshark will not connect. not worth the money support worthless

2 Likes

You can try this group. Maybe some answers can be found?

I hope they fix the problem or I will be looking to go somewhere else soon

I have to force stop SS and then it will connect.But then I have a problem where I can only get 1 of my services to work on Tivimate.Then if I change locations my other service will work but the first one that was working doesn’t. Very strange? .For Live Tv I’m using Proton free and both my services work.

3 Likes

I am using Surfshark on a MeCool KM3 with an Either net connection. I was having connection problems. Saw that using the safety dot program with Surfshark could cause problems. Deleted both the safety dot program and the Surfshark program. Reinstalled the latest 3.2 Surfshark program. Now I have this problem:

If I load Surfshark with the kill switch enabled it goes into a continuous connect cycle, and NEVER connects; with a warning that the kill switch has disabled my internet connection. If I turn off the kill switch, Surfshark will connect to the internet.

I currently have to run Surfshark with the kill switch off, and safety dot on to insure I have a safe connection. This is unacceptable. I currently have 4 IPV accounts I was ready to switch over to Surfshark, but now I have serious doubts, very serious doubts.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Force stop SS app (you could clear cache as well) and reopen, it should connect. Safety Dot (or any of the dots we use) does not cause problems with a VPN. It is merely a guide to double check the VPN is on.

1 Like

Hi I have experienced the same issue with SURFSHARK. However when you switch off kill switch and get connected just go to VPN settings and switch the kill switch slide control back to ON. Hope this helps👍

I had same issues.Only if I disconnect the kill switch it still didn’t work….what I found works …go to all apps - Surfshark and do a forced stop .then it will work with all the settings including the kill switch on.
I hope they fix this soon ,not a happy customer

Updating a vpn should never ever be this hard .

2 Likes

Yep, hot garbage right now.

2 Likes

My iPhone same thing. Screwed up since last update. This morning support said oh you’re connected to IPV6 that’s why. No I’m not. Did 4 tests diff sites.

1 Like

Yes, if I do a force stop, it will connect on the next reboot. However, when I turn off Surfshark the next time I start it up, it again will not connect. Doing “stuff” every time you start to use an app to get it to work tells me the app is broke. I assume the upgrade to 3.2 caused the problem, but not sure. Is Surfshark aware of this problem, and what is their estimate to fix it. Currently, they are creating a lot of IVP customers.

BTW, the reason I referenced the conflict with the Safety Dot program is because there is a thread in this newsgroup that discusses the issue.

1 Like

BTW, Is Troy from Troypoint.com still recommending this product?

1 Like

These are not new issues. This is one of many little issues that drove me away from Surfshark. I switched to a different VPN with the same safety dot and problems all went away. I now dont have to think, worry and fiddle about a VPN daily.

2 Likes

I’ve had in the past force stop clear cache on surfshark 20 times before it connect. I’ve had clear the cache my whole complete system before it connect. Other than that when I don’t have problems it works great. Just once in awhile it gets on one and I got to fix it.

AMD Who are you using now.I’m probably going back to IPVanish.

I gave SS a long chance to correct the problems I got sick of dealing with. I like SS and I like the features it has, I just refuse to fiddle and have my family fiddle with a VPN pretty much constantly to stream stuff. Just a lot of little things over time wore on me and I had to switch my main boxes. Still have the Surfshark sub, so I do use it on my phone or PC.

3 Likes

@AMD237 did u go with proton. ?? Now that SS updated , again having issues especially with iphone especially this morning couldn’t connect on the stick. And speeds are down again