Supercharge $19 Walmart onn. Android TV Box Video

Getting back to the supercharging topic, expanding the ONN box’s internal storage by following Troy’s video was a snap. Transferred half my apps to the USB drive, and recovered lots of internal memory. Updating all the apps on both internal and external memory worked fine, except for the system app Android System Webview. In order to update this system app, you’ll need to turn the box off, remove the USB drive from the OTG cable, and then power up the box again. You’ll see a notification that the USB drive and it’s apps are missing - click OK, go to Play Store updates and install the Android System Webview update. Power down the box, reinsert the USB drive into the OTG cable, power up again, and all the apps will be back. I’ve found Android System Webview to be the most frequently updated system app in Android TV, so I thought I would pass on this information in case others have been experiencing the same problem. I suspect that other, less-frequently updated system apps, as well as any Android OS updates, will also require the USB drive to be removed when updating this device. I’d appreciate any thoughts and further info. on this topic. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

I just ordered OTG cables & a flash drive just so I can set up extra storage…which I don’t need but want to try out…also so I can plug in & use my wifi keyboard. My main android box has way more storage than I need or use…but I’m just enjoying playing with my $20 ONN backup box & trying out different tips like you just posted…so :+1: @addpro.

I just turnup the volume on the TV and then control it on the ONN. I use the optical digital output from the TV.

2 Likes

Most of the sound problem is on movies from Film Plus.

1 Like

I’ve been on the search for one but they have been sold out. Plenty of the sticks in stock. I got lucky last night and they had one box left so of course I snagged it up. Going to set up later on this evening to see what it’s all about

i had a volume problem as well, but different. followed Troy’s install video and everything worked. then i moved the onn to the bedroom tv to check the wi-fi signal, everything worked fine. when i returned the onn to lr tv the volume control still worked but had to turn it up almost all the way to hear anything at all. (my tv volume goes from 0 to 100, and usually its at 15-20). so dug around the onn settings-no help. turned the onn off… :rofl:, went into tv settings-no help. came to troypoint, searched and no problems like mine. but after much reading i switched out the onn supplied hdmi cable–it may have been TXRon or TPDracoo that mentioned that to someone-- and…bing bang boom!! problem solved. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the review. Been using this device for weeks now and it works great! I’m so glad to be able to use Wolf Launcher again since Firestick took that away.

2 Likes

Try browser JoiPages.
It’s in the Google Play Store.
Very straightforward, works fine.
You may have to put www. in front of a website otherwise it sometimes just gives “search” results.
Don’t be put off by its being an Indian made browser, its all in English.

1 Like

I used this browser and still can’t get to sports sites. It appears that the ONN OS blocks these sites.

What kind of sport sites? If verified legal, post a link & I’ll check it out thru Joi on my ONN…if not verified legal, PM me. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I use silk browser on the FS below are a few sites that don’t work on ONN. I have use many of the browsers available on the ONN.

viprow.me stream2watch reditmlbstream.me redditnflstream.io

I have use many of the free sites on this list and can’t get them to work on the ONN.

Sorry about that. I only have a stick and use the Silk browser.

OK @rjwinkler Tried all your sites on a Silk browser & JioPages browser (liking that JioPages browser) & everything worked fine for me…so…I would say, make sure your ONN is set to allow these sites/apps in unknown sources/Security & Restrictions. Other than that, I’m not sure why you can’t get into them. Try again & let us know what happens…error wise or achtung! wise etc…

2 Likes

Try to get a ball game on ONN. You just went to the site. You ran silk browser on the ONN?

Ran it on Silk & JioPages…& now when I try reditmlbstream.me it’s not working…on my ONN or my KM6 box…which are both google certified & run the same android 10 o/s…albeit, the ONN has a more recent patch/update than my KM6. Sorry rjw…but I don’t know what to suggest to you…I don’t normally watch sporting events via a browser & am not familiar with your sites. I guess it’s possible that a google certified box wouldn’t work with this, but I can’t imagine why…maybe @Miki will give it a shot with his firestick & we can determine if it’s a device issue or something entirely else. :thinking:

I think it’s reddit.
redditmlbstreams.live

Yep…that link worked like it did the 1st time I tried it with his link…I was curious about the spelling of reddit, but hey, links can be what they wanta’ be. Thanks Mik :+1:

Did you copy this @rjwinkler

1 Like

I keep my MAX running to watch sports. I keep the Max running so I can keep up what the insider is doing with the MAX and most of what is done with the MAX will work on the ONN. Thanks for the replies, I test most things before I post for help.