Supercharge $19 Walmart onn. Android TV Box Video

Awesome, @AMD237 !!! So, I got the fan, and tried to “gently” pry the unit open to drill holes, but its not cooperating! Afraid of being. To aggressive… suggestions???

Use 2 small, flat screwdrivers or thin prying tools. Get one under, and gently walk the other all the way around (underneath that lip) until it pops off.

Using eyeglass screwdrivers…I’ll keep working at it…maybe not holding my toung in the proper cheek…

Haha…the initial prying up of the first part of it is pretty difficult. You may need a little bit more ridgid screwdriver to wiggle it down in.

SUCCESS!!! Thx for a great idea. The onn is our “traveling” device…think I’m gonna work on the km2 home device next. Kudo to you, my friend…now go get your patent :slight_smile:

Glad it worked! Would love to see a picture or video when you get it up and running!

2 Likes

Hammer

1 Like

That must be my other Onn box that doesnt work. I called customer service and I refuse to talk to them again. They clearly dont know what they are talking about. They blamed me and acted like I dont know how to hook it up properly.
This picture proves I am right and they are wrong.

2 Likes

Agree with AMD, please post a picture or two.

Here the story…ordered a 2pk of 80x80mm ($16/shipped free) perfect size for my km2 & router. Then I saw @AMD237’s masterpiece & decided to make it work on the “smaller” onn. After a bit of head scratching, viola!!! Put a 1/2" spacer between the fan & the unit, feet on the fan, & it blows 20cfm when the tv is on!!! Ok, start with the guffaws…

4 Likes

She is a BEAUT!!! :partying_face: :fire:

1 Like

why-why-why

giphy-downsized

BECAUSE I CAN, @Powerfader !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

What an excellent idea! I am new to this arena and programming boxes is killing me!

Is there any discussion of ADP command to create a INTERNAL and EXTERNAL format of the USB storage? Not finding that in a search of ONN discussions.

Miki — it’s different for ANDROID 12. That old reference does not work the same.

In Android 12 it’s much easier. If you scroll down in that thread you will see a you tube vid that explains it all from TDUK.
@MikeN posted it.

1 Like

Okay on the TDUK instruction for android 12. Will try that soon as Miki referenced.

Tried to do it the old way for android 10 and the USB memory somehow is disabled.