SuperBox Alternatives - Why You Should Avoid this Device

4 Likes

I want to add to this topic for anyone who uses kijji or anything like that, if you see someone selling a pre programed firestick or android unit do not buy. Get a box or stick and do it your self.

You have no idea what they done or put on this thing and you could end up in alot of serious issues. You can easily put on spyware on these things. Pre loaded iptv with whatever they loaded? Big no. You see alot of this on kijji and people offering services, do not do this. Come here, read guides and do it yourself. Please advoid this at all times.

7 Likes

Great point TP-Dracoo!

1 Like

IMOā€¦This needs flashing lights & ahooga horns blaring so everyone that comes to this forum sees this. :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Problem is most people dont come here frist or do research, they blindly google or kijji something and just pay for it. Some people just hear about it then get something like that recommend. Scammers everywhere.

Alot of people dont research just open there wallets. I really hope this reaches out.

3 Likes

Ordinarily, I would agree with you but there are some exceptions to the rule here. Because I had the means and like to experiment with different devices and services, I bought a preloaded Monsterbox 1X Max,(from Amazon), which comes preloaded with ā€œlifetimeā€ IPTV, VOD and Playback services. So far, the service works well as advertised with regular updates from the provider and little to no buffering. The device itself is ok from a build and quality standpoint, with 4 gb of RAM, 128 gb of memory, quad core processor and dual Wi-Fi antennas which provide a strong connection. Time will tell if this device and included service is worth the initial cost, but so far, so good.

For most of the part I think that the people buying these devices are technically disadvantaged . I always assume that if youā€™re a Troypoint insider then you customize your own devices . Am I wrong ? :thinking:

3 Likes

you would be wrong. We have people in the insider from every level of expertise. Novice and up.

4 Likes

Well Iā€™ll be damned . :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Exactly. You do see posts by new members asking the basic startup questions which is what all of us members are here for. I found myself here looking to learn, and Iā€™ve learned a ton and am happy to pass it on if the need arises

5 Likes

Now you you mention it I do recall seeing posts with people asking for help with things such as Kodi etc.

1 Like

I most definitely agree with you AFA buying a ā€˜jailbrokenā€™ or preloaded device online or from most local vendors.
But Miki apparently makes a few pesos helping members of his retirement community with their devices. I donā€™t think Iā€™d have a problem sending someone to a person like him.

2 Likes

I personally would never buy a preloaded or even modified device. Or at the very least, I would isolate one from my network untill I could do a good adware/malware/spyware and AV scan.

2 Likes

I have a friend that picked up a box pre-loaded and I believe he paid :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: for it. He told me he kept getting a pop up asking him why he hasnt installed a vpn? ā€¦ He ask me is that safe/legit. I told him well your box has a built in trojan virus telling you you need to be protected :eyes:

Being a techie and a Troypoint member, I am always doing research and am willing to try different market options to see how they work and pass the word on if they do. That applies to these dreaded so-called ā€œloadedā€ boxes. There are also people out there who still donā€™t like to do all the custom technical set up work on our tv devices we all love here at Troypoint. All I can say is donā€™t dismiss something out of hand unless you have tried it. Some of these loaded boxes work well and some do not.

1 Like

i bought a pre-loaded firestick long ago when i first got into cord cutting,itā€™s got bee tvā€¦tea tvā€¦smart tube next and a few other apps and iā€™m always amazedā€¦even nowā€¦that all those programs want to update whenever i plug it upā€¦and they all still work? totally amazed as i watched a newer release on it last night just for s& giggles? pix quality was great
who knew?

1 Like

@PiratePete Agree with @TXRon 100%. Check out how many people read this topic and how few comments. Comments are dominated by all the usual suspects plus the number of commentators vs. number of comments itā€™s reduced by multiple comments from the same individuals. Most of us are seeking help and answers, inexperienced! I am not a techie, just old, thick skinned and not intimidated. Think about this: Kodi is not basic or easy, Stremio is. A fork is something you eat with and a repo is what happens when you donā€™t make your car payments! :joy::joy:

Yeah too me KODI is easy but Iā€™ve been keeping up with it for 5 years and remember struggling with it Big time in the early days. Not only has everything gotten easier through the years itā€™s much better and faster. Speaking of the early days, remember when amazon was just littered with all the Resellers offering ā€œLifetime Deals on Jailbroken firesticksā€! LOL

I got my ā€œlifetimeā€ deal when I joined Troypoint insider. :hugs:

1 Like

I still wouldnt advise someone with little experience to get one.

You got lucky, alot of quick buck bad eggs out there. So all i can say is please be careful everyone.

2 Likes