SuperBox Alternatives - Why You Should Avoid this Device

Agree. The box I am talking about is rooted, and free of any virus or malware. The included iptv service has a MAC address link to the box.You can’t change the homescreen or launcher but it does allow installation of open source apps, including vpn, anti virus, etc. It also has it’s own app cleaner and has regular updates. The uninitiated to android tv boxes would be well advised to do some self education and see some after purchase reviews before taking the plunge and getting one of these devices.If they don’t want to bother with that, then I agree they should not be getting one of these devices. One of the better box review sites, TV Box Stop, has reviewed several of these loaded boxes including the one I bought.

2 Likes

yea,it was recommened by some mods on a site i still frequent and they do have a novice section that gets alot of hits…luv Troy as his insider guide when i first joined was great!!!
i still have the first box he recommended…a X96Max and i added a fan to it
that bad boy is still kickin it in the bedroom…tivimate works great on it
buzz x5 in the living room and that box kick’s a*s with my iptv providers
i’m even able to download stuff i recorded to my 4TB drive using Usb
long live troypoint!

2 Likes

They are actively marketing this to RVers. One of the major RV Service clubs sent me an email recommending this box, I replied that if they didn’t remove the product I would no longer be needing their services, including roadside assistance.

1 Like

Yeah, would never buy a preloaded box myself, but that is now years after getting involved with Troy in the early days and his great tips to get me through it all. I struggled at first and gave up on Kodi when I was always running out of room on the original FireSticks.

I recently bought another Fire Cube on Prime Day this year for 50% off to replace a FireStick 4K Max, sick of the lack memory. I added 128GB external memory for recording and like this configuration as much as my way more expensive Shield. I soured on the Shield after that software upgrade fiasco earlier in the year which rendered recording from Tivimate basically non existent.for a while.

I recommend any novice reading these posts to heed what people are writing. You may be a novice today, but in short order you will be an expert and people will be turning to you for help.

Never had that issue with the Monsterbox 1X Max, my loaded “Guinea pig”box which I use primarily for catch-up/playback, which it does flawlessly. My 2 primary devices are a Ugoos AM6 B plus and a BuzzTV 4500 xrs, both of which work quite well with TiVimate.