Subtitle download failed

Continuing the discussion from Syncler subtitles:

After selected movie and select CC= subtitles, choose one of subtitle, shows failed download, what is problem? Need url to download? using silk browser? Thank for your help

@jlee Hi

You can select subtitles from player settings example if you’re using exo player find settings then select subtitles.

But if you’re using different player it could also be done from player settings. TP created a manual include video how to setup the subtitles from player. :+1:
APK’S Subtitles

1 Like

Thanks for your recommendation. I did already as your suggestion. I found error message showing " some subtitle provider such as Opensubtitles, does not work with VPN". I tried turn off Ipvanish VPN, subtitle worked. So what should I do , turn off VPN each time to play movie with risk, or any other way to work with VPN? I appreciate your help

What version of syncler do you have @jlee?

The latest version fixed subtitle issues, and you ahould be able to hit the speech bubble and toggle them on of they are available for the stream.

2 Likes

@jlee

Never use streaming from Kodi add-ons or APK’s without VPN

2 Likes

@Matrix
Version :1.3.4.1, I did check change log, noticed Fixed Opensugtitles on version 1.3.3, but appears not fixed completely. I have premium Cycler. Any suggestion.

Please review my reply, thanks

1 Like

@jlee

Try those settings many users have similar problem after updating. Most important is to check allow unknown sources, and install unknown apps. Give it a try. :+1:

. In settings app data management preferred language section

. Enabling unknown apps on syncler/app info/
Advanced solved it

Also you can try

Try this split "failed downloading subtitles "

Using phone
On your phonen go to Settings> apps> syncler> permission and make sure storage is enabled. Then go back and click “Set as default”> go to supported Urls and set it to “in this app”> Go one back and allow "Install unknown apps.

Streaming device
On a stream device go to Android settings> Device references> Security> Unknown Sources and enable “Install unknown apps”.

One more thing after each attempt restart your device.

I appreciate your trying to solve my problem. Your instruction is somewhat difficult to comprehend.
My fire stick is turned on to install unknown apps. I do not have Cyncler app on my iphone and don’t know how to install it. I believe app is for Android device. As I described earlier , the issue is between Syncler and VPN, since subtitles is working when IP vanish is turned off . I can not attached or upload my TV screen shot. When selected CC= subtitle on player page , in white box with gray background, following message show up.
" Failed downloading
Some subtitles have failed to download. Ensure
1.The subtitles download url is accessible from your device
Some subtitle providers ( i.e OpenSubtitles ) does not work with VPN
2. File storage permission is enabled.
3. Device has enough storage

May need tweet Cyncler app or IP vanish app for subtitle to work.

@jlee

This is weird because all above changes should work. Still not clear to me which player are you using.

Anyway choose an external player and try to add subtitles from player settings.

MX player should be the best optionyou can follow up the steps provided by
TP APK’S Subtitles

Because I just find out trough searching, that, and according to the developer (GitHub) there is no subtitles syncing option in exo player I think they meant in the latest version of Syncler.

This request sent to the developer december 1 2021. See link below.
Syncler Subtitles Issue 42

If in Sycler older version subtitles available is your best option for now, and maybe later this subtitles will be available in the newer version.

2 Likes

@Matrix
Thanks again your quick response. Finally I believe I solved problem. As you hinted I installed regular Syncler app from Troypoint rapid installer using express package and using url he recommended, subtitles is working now. My initial one was Syncler provision app installer which may be beta version although not sure with issues. But overall provision app give better pictures quality and run smooth video probably from different package provider. I hope some one contact developer and correct issues.

@jlee

Finally problem solved.
Probably according to the issue 42 developers, they are aware of this problem and hopefully they will find a solution for the new version.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to post.

Just a heads up syncler was updated this year… not 2021 which fixed subtitles.

Glad its working

1 Like