Stremio v Syncler

Well Dak you’re doing a wonderful job learning. I make an effort to learn every day and Troypoint has given me that opportunity. So many knowledgeable people here. Most importantly is to have fun. Welcome to this hobby.

1 Like

@Miki …Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I really do enjoy this new hobby. Been doing it for a number of years, but so much more to learn. Great for the grey matter :grin:

This is truly an excellent forum for those like me.

2 Likes

Dak,
The one advantage to integrating Trakt is that in case you end up watching a series on different apps. Trakt will keep track (hehe) of where you are.
But, as Miki said, as long as you stay using Stremio, Trakt isn’t a must-have.

1 Like

@Miki …Simple question that i cannot find an answer to, anywhere on matters relating to using Stremio.

When the links appear, there is a profile figure in blue with a number next to it.

It has been suggested to me that the higher the figure, the more people are currently using that link, and that is the link you should select. Is that correct?

I would have thought that the more people
using that link would clog up the system and possibly cause buffering.

That number represents the number of streams available to be scraped from that link, if I understand correctly.

2 Likes

@elginherd . Oh! That would make sense. Thks👍

You are correct but also incorrect. Lol. Sorry I couldn’t resist. To a certain point you are exactly right, however with torrents a high number can be beneficial by helping to keep the “swarm” alive. Now as you know, the higher the percentage of download slots used on a server eventually the server becomes overwhelmed and buffering becomes an issue. So it’s been my experience that anything over say 1000 may begin to degrade your feed resulting in buffering. So with so many available sources I find that selecting a source with 4 to 5 hundred users at the most is the sweet spot. Of course buffering is not as straight forward as that, but you’re right, to many “leechers” can be one reason. I hope that helps.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

3 Likes

Thanks Miki,
That makes sense now.
So, to correct myself, the number represents the seeders + the leachers.

@Miki . Thank you. So far i have only ever seen one movie link in the hundred.

Most of my movie / tv series I use, show between 3 and 90+.

1 Like

The number represents “active” users.

2 Likes

@Miki Ok…so what would you recommend if you saw a numbet 3 on one link and 90 on another?

90 for sure. With only 3 there may be dozens trying to get the feed. Also I am posting an update.

1 Like

@Miki … Thanks again. Slowly getting to understand more about seeders etc.:+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Miki, is there a link for stremio or can I just type it into downloader? Thanks

2 Likes

You can go here and get all you need directly from the Stremio website. Stremio - Freedom to Stream

Also, while you are there download the PC version onto your computer. Having it on another device helps facilitate your setting up process…

Here is another link that will aid you in getting the addons you wish to have.

1 Like

Looks like the gang has you covered. Sorry I didn’t get back to you. Been a crazy month for me. No excuse though. One amazing feature of Stremio is that you can fully configure it on any device and then on another device just install Stremio, log in, and your entire configuration setup is automatically applied. It’s cloud based.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

1 Like

Another excellent guide here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StremioAddons/s/LJxlkSR0Bx

2 Likes