Stremio v Syncler

This post is for those who use both Stremio and Syncler.
I use Stremio as my goto app for Movies and TV shows. Although I have RD I’m not sure I need it as I get lots of good non-RD links and don’t think I have ever got no links at all. I like it because it is server based, doesn’t take much room on my FS and I can use it easily on multiple devices. And it is free.
Yet I see many extolling the virtues of Syncler so I’m wanting to know from those who use both and think Syncler is better, why you think it is better. Your answers might persuade me to try it, and pay for the premium version which folk seem to think is necessary.
This post is NOT intended as an invitation for devotees of either system simply to wax lyrical about whichever one they use. It is information on people’s comparative experience which I am seeking.
Thank you.

3 Likes

I use both and have used syncler way before I tried stremio. But today if I was to choose I would say stick with what works. And stremio is working great right now, so much in fact I havent bothered with setting up syncler on this box…yet :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I pretty much feel the same as I have both but always use stremio it seems to pull links faster and is very dependable . Definitely my go to

6 Likes

Thanks Guys - valuable insight. I’ll stay with Stremio bearing in mind that if it is closed down or becomes less effective then Syncler is a good alternative.

4 Likes

Stremio has been around for 13 years I believe, but anything can be shut down at any time for any reason, Syncler included.

4 Likes

Depends on your needs.

Syncler is a trakt clone android tv style app, infact you can sync your netflix and such to it last i heard. I dont use syncler like others do, i spend the 20 bucks get 3 months and pair it with orion and real debrid that setup nets me a amazing experience. There is more i can do with it. Stremio once setup properly is a very good tool but its dangerous without a vpn. Stremio now syncs with trakt and also utilizes rd and orion and pretty fast speeds. I think stremio once setup correctly is more easy to use for your average person. Once you get over the setup phase. Alot of this is personal preference but there is some key differences to take in account with each app i suppose.

Depends on your budget really.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried Syncler.
Paying for it seems kinda unnecessary when I can get what I want via other methods.

That said, I was getting more and more happy with Stremio until I updated it Friday night. After the update I have had trouble with shows and movies crashing, which never happened before I updated. I’ve already done all the usual trouble shooting except the uninstall-reinstall dance.

I’ll do that after my wife and daughter are done with their movie…which streamed great with Seren after trying several links with Stremio.

3 Likes

I too have been having issues with Stremio since the last update. Constant buffering and that’s new. I will test the clean my system, run Fast Task Killer, and if no luck, I’ll try a reinstall as well.

5 Likes

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version, Miki?

2 Likes

Yes there is.

That’s 2 I trust.

1 Like

You da Man, Miki!
Keep us updated with how your wife and you are doing.

2 Likes

@Miki . How do you test the buffer settings?

When i click on some links, it starts to load and then, a black screen. And no amount of pressing the back key will help. I then have to unplug my device and restart.

I even thought of going back to the previous version, but i fear that will entail a brand new set up procedure.

1 Like

@Miki I wonder if it is possible to download a previous version onto a mac and install it that way, rather than the circuitous way of setting it up on my device.

1 Like

So Miki, if you download an older version on Stremio, will it still have Torrentio already in add-ons? Wouldn’t that be cool, just login, install Torrentio then update. Dreaming am I?

I can’t honestly say Dave. I’ve never tried that. I do know that updating to a new version on top of the old keeps all my settings. Not sure what happens going the other way. I suspect all my addons will be there as they’re stored in the cloud.

3 Likes

But once you have it setup you can then install it on any device, log in, and all your setup is available for you to use. You only need to configure it once.

1 Like

Dak,
that’s one of the problems that I have encountered after I updated.

2 Likes

@elginherd Thks for confirming that. I am going to spend a little time today to revert back to a previous version.

Interestingly enough,m on another issue, i have read many reviews by tech experts that refer to importing my trakt tv series to a calender.

But the instructions and images from these experts do not appear on my android os version.

1 Like

I uninstalled & reinstalled he latest version of Stremio on the Onn that I was using.
I watched a couple of shows last night & also this morning & all seems well again.

I small pain because I needed to generate a new burner email account, but that’s not a biggie.

1 Like

Whew. I’m glad it worked out. I’ve been searching for answers but had no luck. Have fun with it and have a great buffer free streaming day.