Stremio v Syncler

@elginherd . Why did you need to create a new burner email account? I thought if you uninstalled and reinstalled, you would only need to sign in to recover all your previous settings.

Or…did you start from scratch with a complete new install as new customer?

Because I forgot my password!
And I did start as a ‘new’ customer.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that im using the latest version without any issues but I dont use tract…at least not with stremio.

2 Likes

Same here. I never use trakt for anything actually. Never saw the need.

4 Likes

@elginherd . Thanks for the reply.

@TXRon @Miki …I started using Trakt when i started using apps like Cinema, a few years ago. I would search movies and tv shows and save to favourites.

But in order to do that i needed a Trakt account.

Now that i started using kodi and stremio and beginning to read up more and more on these two apps, i am learning that i can " add to library".

Once i have watched a film, i can delete it or leave it in history as watched.

Still learning with kodi and stremio, so not sure how that works with movies.

But, some Tv shows have many series and new ones come out sometimes on a yearly basis. So, i like to keep those in my trakt.

But, i am grateful, as always to be advised and keep learning.

Remember, there are those of us who didn’t grow up with this modern technical world and this old dog is trying to learn new tricks every day.:rofl::rofl::rofl::pray:

2 Likes

You don’t need trakt with Stremio. New and future episodes show and after watching an episode it gets marked with a checkmark. You can stop in the middle of an episode and then start it back up any time. I have only a series library as I only watch a movie once. But if scrolling through the list of movies and you see ones you want to watch you can create a library as well. Also in Stremio you can click on an actor’s name in a movie description like say Tom Cruise it will show you everything he’s acted in that is in their data base. and @Dak7385 I’m 67.

4 Likes

@Miki . Thank you, that’s great info.

2 Likes

@Miki …well Miki, i am 9 years ahead of you​:rofl::rofl: and still learning from you and many on this forum.

Regards

1 Like

Well Dak you’re doing a wonderful job learning. I make an effort to learn every day and Troypoint has given me that opportunity. So many knowledgeable people here. Most importantly is to have fun. Welcome to this hobby.

1 Like

@Miki …Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I really do enjoy this new hobby. Been doing it for a number of years, but so much more to learn. Great for the grey matter :grin:

This is truly an excellent forum for those like me.

2 Likes

Dak,
The one advantage to integrating Trakt is that in case you end up watching a series on different apps. Trakt will keep track (hehe) of where you are.
But, as Miki said, as long as you stay using Stremio, Trakt isn’t a must-have.

1 Like

@Miki …Simple question that i cannot find an answer to, anywhere on matters relating to using Stremio.

When the links appear, there is a profile figure in blue with a number next to it.

It has been suggested to me that the higher the figure, the more people are currently using that link, and that is the link you should select. Is that correct?

I would have thought that the more people
using that link would clog up the system and possibly cause buffering.

That number represents the number of streams available to be scraped from that link, if I understand correctly.

2 Likes

@elginherd . Oh! That would make sense. Thks👍

You are correct but also incorrect. Lol. Sorry I couldn’t resist. To a certain point you are exactly right, however with torrents a high number can be beneficial by helping to keep the “swarm” alive. Now as you know, the higher the percentage of download slots used on a server eventually the server becomes overwhelmed and buffering becomes an issue. So it’s been my experience that anything over say 1000 may begin to degrade your feed resulting in buffering. So with so many available sources I find that selecting a source with 4 to 5 hundred users at the most is the sweet spot. Of course buffering is not as straight forward as that, but you’re right, to many “leechers” can be one reason. I hope that helps.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

3 Likes

Thanks Miki,
That makes sense now.
So, to correct myself, the number represents the seeders + the leachers.

@Miki . Thank you. So far i have only ever seen one movie link in the hundred.

Most of my movie / tv series I use, show between 3 and 90+.

1 Like

The number represents “active” users.

2 Likes

@Miki Ok…so what would you recommend if you saw a numbet 3 on one link and 90 on another?