Stremio -Trakt Not Marking Shows

@Canonbenny Try this link:

Scroll down to the first red highlighted title.

And then scroll down to “What have i given permission to”. Read and digest and look for the word “here” in italics.

Click on it and it should take you to all the apps where you have authorised Trakt.

Or, it might take you to a sign up page snd thereafter to the list you are looking for.

Delete what you want by clicking on the " X" on the right of the application.title.

Any probs, let me know.

Correction if you have already read my reply.

"Scroll down to first red highlighted title. Not the second.

Or alternatively, sign into your trakt account> and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on help.

Then follow my previous instructions

Thanks for info, all done, will see if that works :slight_smile:

Great to hear. You’re very welcome.:+1:

i use cinema and logging out of and logging back in to trakt is something i have to do about once a month because it will stop updating the watched shows and this always fixes it. Just like almost every app in the world if it stops working for no reason at all it usually gets fixed by reinstalling the app. it’s stupid i know!

1 Like

I’ve redone all my Stremio addons, including Trakt, and now all I have on my homepage for Trakt is Popular and Trending Movies & Series and no Collection🤔
Is there a way to retrieve this, or will it populate automatically in time?

Not sure but double check that Trakt Scrobling is enabled in your settings. I don’t use Trakt but I imagine you have an account.

1 Like

I’ve uninstalled the Trakt addon and revoked scrobbling and reinstalled and reauthenticated several times now, to no avail. I’ve now submitted a ticket to Trakt Support, I’ll update if and when this is resolved.

Don’t revoke scrobling, enable it and click log out from trakt and log in again in stremio.

Yes, I meant I’ve revoked and re-enabled scrobbling.

@Soulsurfer I had similar issues when i first started out with Stremio.

This is what Trakt told me to do every time I had an issue with an app and Trakt issues.

1. Deauthorise trakt in the app where you are having issues.

2. Log into your trakt account.

3. Go into settings and scroll across the menu until you find " connected apps".

4. Scroll down, find the connected app and click on the " X" on the right. That should now remove the app from trakt.

Now go back to your app and reauthorise trakt.

Wait for a short while as trakt sync/populates your library, or whatever app you are using.

I see that you have written to Trakt, and may possibly receive the same instructions above.

Regards

I’ve tried all of that several times since yesterday and all I’m getting is popular and trending movies and series, but no collection; which, to me, is what I use Trakt for😏

Please check that you have trakt integration v1.0 installed in your add ons.

And Trakt tv version 0.2.6. Also Trakt up next version 0.1.0

@Soulsurfer Just check your " Library" on the app. That is where your collection is maintained. There is a sub menu within the library of " movies/ library.

Does anyone know a great APK service that works well with Trakt?
I installed Stremio but it has very little integration with Trakt. It will allow me to see my watchlist but will not show my Next Episodes.
It also doesn’t add shows to my Trakt history or remove shows from my watchlist after watching.

1 Like

Stremio has it’s own built in next episode list. Did you go to the settings and teakt scrobbling?

It actually does mark shows as watched and also updates your next episodes.

Firstly make sure you are using the built in player. If you use an external player, it will not update anything in Trakt.

Then sign out of Trakt scrobbling and go to Trakt> sign in,> settings> scroll horizontally across the top menu list,until you find " connected apps" > scroll down until you find " Stremio".

Look to the right and hit the " X" or where it might say " Revoke".
If Stremio is not in the list, it means you have not enabled it in Stremio> trakt scrobbling> authenticate.

But assuming it is in there>>>>>

Go back to Stremio> settings>Trakt scrobbling and authenticate.

Thats you back up and running. And for your information, this is something you may have to do every 3 months or so should you run into issues again.

I am sure that i posted this before on this forum, but cannot locate it.

This issue is well documented on Reddit> sub forum> r/ stremio. I

There is also a new feature that came out a couple of weeks ago, whereby you can now, through the website/ dashboard import all.your Trakt history/ collection for movies and series.

It is pinned at the top of the forum on reddit.

But, if you dont mind paying a few dollars a year, have a look at Weyd and Sinclair.

Trakt updates either app whatever you may have watched on the other one.

Finally, the latest Stremio update of Trakt i mentioned above, now also updates all three of these apps, whichever one you use.

1 Like

I did but it does not add watched shows to trakt history automatically after watching a show or movie.
The only connection between trackt and stremio seems to be the watch list and its only one way. Watching it on stremio does not remove it from trakt watch list.

Unfortunately you moved this post into this thread which will not get the answers I am looking for. I didn’t want to have to limp through using stremio but want a different APK that works better wick trakt.
I am old and don’t remember much so I want to check history to see if I have watched a movie or show before. hese days I can be halfway through a movie before I realize I have watched it before. This is my main reason for trakt.

As I pointed out, Stremio already marks watched episodes with a checkmark and future episodes have an egg timer overlay. without the use of Trakt. If you insist on using Trakt, which seemed to be the main focus of your post, then the instructions above your post from Dak seemed to have the answers. I moved your post as the chances of getting an answer may alredy be in an exixting post like this one rather than the creation of an entirely new thread. BTW I’m 70 and have been using Stremio for many years. Trakt is an addon that works inside many apps and just needs to be authorized from within those apps as Dak points out. Apps like Kodi.

1 Like