Stremio is AWESOME! Try it out!

Ive only been streaming for over 4 months. Tried and tested many Apps/Apks and found some belters and some shockers. Investigated pros and cons before deciding what to finally stick with. Some decisions taken out my hands as The Oath disappeared and I thought it done a great job. So on the recommendation of a few people I tried out Stremio. Its awesome, hands down the best App for Movies and Series TV that I’ve used. Try it out, nothing to lose if its not for you.
Thanks to @Miki for firing back a good few PM’s over the past month. Kept me right and offered some valuable advice, links and helped out when I was messing about with IPTV and EPG set ups.
Appreciate all the members on here who are always quick to assist when you hit a brick wall. Cheers :fist:

11 Likes

Well Mr. King, you are an excellent student. I just gave ya a nudge in the right direction, and I appreciate you saying thankyou, so few ever do. Be well and have a great day.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

7 Likes

Been using Stremio for a while. I also have TeaTV and BeeTV. Stremio is my go-to, usually. The only caveat is that Stremio is torrent based whereas other apps like Tea and Bee are not. Some ISPs can detect that torrent activity happens and fire off a letter to you to stop the activity, or else. Spectrum, for example. One of my neighbors has Spectrum and received such a letter after using Stremio for a month. Freaked her out. I didn’t get the letter, but my ISP is Frontier FIOS, they apparently don’t care. My neighbor got herself a 2-yr subscription to a VPN (Surfshark) after that. If you are using a VPN already (which is recommended anyway) you won’t have any issues.

6 Likes

Indeed! I use Surfshark too. Always better safe than sorry when it comes to ISP’s and Torrents :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s often mentioned here that a VPN with Stremio is a must. I’ve had it for 6 yrs, as well as a vpn, several vpns actually, and never gotten a letter, but even if I did, the first thing I’d do is turn it into a paper plane and throw it off a tall building. Never acknowledge a “fishing” letter like that. :+1:

6 Likes

Stremio is the best. The letters in Canada are not from the ISP, rather generated from the Owners of any (C) material who see your IP in a swarm of peers in a torrent. They send the letter to the ISP who is obligated to pass it on to us but nothing more. They do not give out any information regarding who has that IP and in the letters actually say, best advice, ignore this but if you reply, you’re on your own.

A VPN is a must for streaming and great deals all the time. No reason to not get one and never worry again.

5 Likes

Don’t you think it’s time to call him Mr. Pro…? Or is there some sort of sensei/grasshopper belt thang goin’ on here…? :crazy_face: :thinking: :joy:

4 Likes

I didn’t want anyone thinking he was a professional gigalo. :thinking:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: well my name is in the profile…Mal is just fine :+1:

2 Likes

Its alright. For free its probably your best bet. Thanks for the post. Glad you are enjoying it.

2 Likes

KODI + RD + TraktTV is my go to for Shows and Movies but based on a lot of the recent positive comments I’ve seen here re: Streamio I just Added it along with Torrentio, synced the Trakt integration and copied my RD API into Torrentio. Pretty slick. Getting lots of 4K and 1080 sources on my TV Shows and movies. I now have a backup when the next KODI Addon stops working. Thank @Miki

5 Likes

Stremio won’t load on my ONN box with android tv. Not available on the play store and won’t sideload from downloader and stremio website…

3 Likes

make sure you have enabled unknown sources and turned off play protect

2 Likes

I can download the apk files, but installation fails at the end. I’ve heard it won’t work on android tv…

1 Like

It should as far as I know.

2 Likes

Haven’t tried on a TV myself, but this guide maybe handy: How to Install Stremio on Android Smart TV or on Android TV Box

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks, I did not try aptoide. That’s a great idea I’ll give it a go. Thanks

2 Likes

Used Apitoide. Most recent version of Stremio wouldn’t work, but the next one back works great so far…

3 Likes

Glad to hear of your success with Stremio, Kingpro. I have not had any luck getting it to work properly although I have followed the instructions from Troy point to the letter, including the Real Debris addition. The Real Debris apitoken seemed to take but the results when I run Stremio on the fire stick are nil. I have had absolutely no luck with any of the Kodi builds Troy has recommended either. Cinema HD was so much more straightforward. I would be happy to hear how I can get both or either to work successfully. Cheers!

1 Like