Stream real debrid downloads

Is there an app/ Kodi addon I can use to stream videos I have manually downloaded with real debrid?

1 Like

Confused with your wording here? If you download a show/Movie from KODI and want to watch it you are not streaming. The only time I download from KODI is if I’m gong to be somewhere (a plane) where I don’t have internet. If for example you download to a hard drive on your PC you then can use a media player like Windows Media Player or VLC to watch it

Download a video on real debrid using the torrent function. Then stream it instead of downloading to a computer

2 Likes

If you’re going to stream it then you don’t need to download it. This is the most confusing thing I’ve read in a while.

2 Likes

I’ll try to say it differently. I’m just kinda lost on how to word it. I’ll make one more attempt :sweat_smile: ok so on the real debrid website there is a place that you can copy and paste :magnet: links to download a torrent. After real debrid downloads it I can download the file to my hard drive. I’m looking for an app or easy way to stream that instead of downloading it. Hope this clears up my question.

Okay, so you’re at the very beginning of understanding streaming. I’d suggest you start here and do some research. Your question is too broad to walk through step by step because there are so many options.

Not certain if this is what you are looking for, but you can click on “Torrents” in the header, and it will bring up this page. Then if you click on the “Box” image it will display a popup where you can select either to download or stream. If you click on the stream it will default to the RD player.

1 Like

Yes this is what I’m talking about. Just wondering if there is an app or Kodi addon that will make this easier to do on a streaming box. Using a browser to do it is difficult on a box

I am not all that familiar with Kodie, but I know if you download it. Then you can play it on a variety of players. My player of choice is VLC.

I am not certain if you can copy and paste it into Plex. I didn’t test that, but I did try on the VLC player and the stream I selected would not boot up.

Btw, that RD player is pretty good. You can always bookmark the RD page to make it more convenient. Also, if you stream it to another device, i.e., laptop, tablet, phone. You can cast it to your device, too.

Here is a TP vid on setting up Crew with RD.
How to Install Real Debrid on Kodi & Streaming Apps (Sep 2022) (troypoint.com)

You are downloading a torrent from debrid to your hard drive. You arent streaming it at that point. You would just need a video player.

My suggestion would be to use an app with real debrid and stream instead. Id also read the above guide.

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

I’m still not sure I understand what you are trying to do but it seems to me you want to Stream a Real Debrid Source??? That is what KODI is for. Stop over complicating things and get a KODI addon like The Crew or 9Lives. When you choose one of the sources you are streaming a Real Debrid link, torrent, etc… with a built in media player.

Powerfader was closest to what I was looking for. I know my wording was not the easiest to understand. I was able to get what I needed. Thanks guys

1 Like