Spectrum Internet and TV

I will be soon moving to the Tennessee mountains (Northeast area) in a few months. It seems that Spectrum is the internet source for that area. I have never used Spectrum before so any feedback would be appreciated. Right now, the rates go for about $70 bucks for 500Mbps and about $90 for a Gig and no data caps.

Is this a cable service or a satellite service? Is the service fairly reliable?

Thanx,

I personally have never had issues with Spectrum service, u ised to have both cable and internet woth them. But nownonly have internet service. No issues, been using this service for about 15 years now, i live in a urban area. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Been using it here for 8 years now. Have the 400mbps package and someone is always on it…Shield Pro, X5, TiVo Stream 4K x2, Roku, Xbox, phones, tablets & CPU’s. The tv’s and Xbox run evening and nights along with phones and no issues with buffering at all

3 Likes

Before I was able to pull the plug I used Spectrum (Formerly Time Warner Cable) for a number of years in Central Texas mainly because there was no other option. This is cable service with internet over Coax.
IMO they absolutely sucked. Horrible pricing and customer service. About 18 months ago AT&T Fiber came into my Area and it was also around that time I was planning on cutting the cord. So totally fired Spectrum and their over priced cable and shitty internet and have been on a 400MB plan with AT&T Fiber for less than I was paying for 100MB internet from Spectrum at the time. So glad to be done with them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but I am not sure I have too many options for the northeast portion of Tennessee? I think my choices are going to be Spectrum or satellite. Never been a big fan of satellite.

I plan on getting just the internet service. I cut the cord a long, long, long time ago!

2 Likes

i have spectrum and a dual router and no buffering at all using 5G

1 Like

Well if you have just their Internet service you have many other options for linear channels,
but your Internet cost may be more if not bundled with their cable TV, plus the cost for IPTV below if not bundled.
At least look at their bundled price, Internet and Cable TV.
Make sure AT&T not available for Fiber internet.
Other IPTV choices for linear channels:
Youtube TV $65, FUBO $69, DirecTV Stream (Various Pkgs), SlingTV, Philo $25(No locals or sports), etc

1 Like

My bad Powerfader, I didn’t notice it was you.
I know you know all of what I said already.

1 Like

Starlink? Maybe a tad costly at first but great speeds from what I’ve read, especially in rural areas.

1 Like

Yeah, I pretty much have a handle on iptv and cord cutting. I just don’t anything about Spectrum. Lol…

Yeah, I will look into that, but not sure if it will be available in the area I am moving to? Where I am looking is literally IN the mountains. Getting back to my country upbringing!

1 Like

That’s what Starlink is designed for. Remote no access areas. I think there’s a coverage map or availability map. Go to starlinked, plug in the info and it’ll tell ya the availability. oooohhhh. I just noticed it’s $110/mth with a $600 setup fee. Ouch.

1 Like

A friend of mine had Spectrum internet and cable tv a year or so ago.
Their biggest complaint was no whole home DVR.
Had to have a $ box on each tv.
May be different now.
Legal, etc IPTV solves that.

1 Like

If anyone out there goes the Starlink route let the community know about it.
pros and cons.
Too expensive for now.
And I see
The govt just approved it for moving vehicles.
Likely even more $$$.

Ok, not sure what you mean by let the community know. There are some insider members already using this service. As far as to expensive, that depends, no service vs. 200+MB down in an area that normally wouldn’t have any service. I paid One of the top telecom companies in Canada $340/mth for internet, tv, and phones so for me $110/mth isn’t excessive.

Outta luck…

ooops. :satellite: :gun: :lab_coat: *******

1 Like

Not to worry, where your going they have the Hillbilly Network…everyone strings cans in the treetops and Bo Duke does spin outs around the tree trunks and generates a internet of some sorts :cowboy_hat_face: :eyes:…well I read that on the internet somewhere :+1:

2 Likes

Got the phone service part down. Workin on an internet fix at present. lol

2 Likes

well $90 for a gig of unlimited aint bad and on par with xfinity. I pay $60 for 900 +30 for unlimited= $90

1 Like