Sparkle TV Player

I’ve put in so many tickets on their support Discord and never get anywhere. Most likely staying home today. Wasted too much time and dime on SS. So, the FIRST issue that arises with SS. Then they be “GONE IN 60 SECONDS”

I didn’t even make the 30 day test. I think 2 days and I cancelled. Never looked back.

1 Like

“Eliteejak” how did you install this player on you “cube”
I am assuming that your cube is the same as my Firestick, sort of.
TK

Pulled the Plug on SS. Using Express right now and so far no issues…go figure.

I don’t think they have as many servers in the USA as SS does, but as long as the ones they do have work. Then that works for me!

Super simple to get it all set up and going.

Express VPN - Made with Clipchamp

1 Like

I agree. I’m using Proton. Only because I paid for a 2 yr sub. Once that’s up I’m going back to Express.

3 Likes

I finally got my Sparkle app running on my FS4KMax
Now when I enter my extreme code(s) I keep getting the message URL not set.
Any suggestions.
TK

Doesn’t make any sense to turn off vpn or refresh Proton before recording. Unless your having congestion. Otherwise Proton the fastest besides Express.

2 Likes

Try turning off your VPN while you load your codes. Then turn it back on. You could also try using a different vpn server.

Same thing is happening with me on the URL not set error. I’ve asked the developer about it and he’s asking me to replicate it again (I have already several times) and thinks it might be a bug. He’s actively working on it :slight_smile: I’ll let you know what he discovers.

2 Likes

Good news “m00se”. I’m looking forward to a possible solution.
TK

Tried some recordings over the weekend.Using sparkle and a mecool km7 box,only had a 16gb sandisk flash drive to use atm,but happy to report the recordings worked great!

Takes a bit of getting used too,instead of pressing the back button like on tivimate have to press the center or what i call the select button to get to guide,dvr,options etc.That is one thing I would hope can be changed in the future.But overall very satisfied with Sparkle Tv so far.

2 Likes

Yeah, that muscle memory can be a real challenge. Out of habit I am still pressing the wrong buttons for Sparkle.

Gamer Emolgi

1 Like

This is copied from a previous post:-

You need to use a device with Android to purchase it using Google Play. It can be a phone or another tv device. Then you Share the Plus purchase as you see in this guide: Reddit - Dive into anything

I’ve been practicing the correct button presses for next year’s debut once again of the highly anticipated NCAA Football. :football::smiling_face:

“ibk75”, I got the purchase done.
I am now getting two messages re “not set”.
TK

I would suggest that you email the developer with your problem. I had a different problem, emailed the developer, had it sorted in a couple of hours.

hedekonsult.sparkle@outlook.com

1 Like

Just about to do that.
Thanks a lot.
TK

Sparkle-hk is the dev and you can read his response in the attachment.

2 Likes

I tried out Sparkle and it reminds me of CosmiDVR also in the playstore and like cosmi I find it rather cumbersome and not worth the hassel. Ive requested a refund.

2 Likes

I’ve spent most of yesterday in private msgs with the dev on this issue, using my Onn ver1, and Google 4k. He’s aware of the problem and is working to fix it. I think I was the 1st one to alert him to the BT KB problem and he fixated on the “use the remote button to hit Done” for some reason. It doesn’t work either way on the Onn or the CCTV4k. I am trying to add an additional playlist to an otherwise working one.