SmartTube issues

Hi all. My SmartTube app had some serious buffering issues, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn’t help. I saw on the web that there’s an updated version 17.12, but it doesn’t show up on my Firestick. I did a search here, but came up with nothing. I also tried a search on Downloader and got zilch. Can someone help me with a link?

Open downloader and enter 250931 for TP tool box save it to your favorites in downloader. SmartTube app is in there. Or just scroll down and install it.

1 Like

Go into settings in smart tube, click on about and turn on “Notify about new version” also right underneath you can check for updates.

2 Likes

hey maggie…

My lastest version is 16.93 (no updates)

No problms with mine with vpn on/off, so dont think its the app

The apk is also available in a couple stores in Unlinked & at apkpure (need browser)

hth…

1 Like

Think these are two different apps. one is smart tube and smart tube next beta. Not sure🤔

Just found this link that explains differences.

Yeah i kno theres 2

Just figured it was the one Troy recommends that’s in the toolbox

Sorry for the confusion…

I believe the v.17.12 is the Beta release. The v.16.93 is the Stable release.

SmartTube (Official Site) (smartyoutubetv.github.io)

Btw, if you decide to download the beta version it will download as a separate app. If you decide you wish to keep the Beta app. Then I would suggest you uninstall the v.16.93 stable release.

I have both on my device right now but will be uninstalling one of them tomorrow.

If you go into Settings>About>Web Site a QR code will display to take you to the site, I linked above for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Is anyone else having problems with Smart Tube? It had been working fine for me until late last week, when many, but not all, of the videos suddenly started with blank screens and only audio was available. There’s no pattern to id any particular channel - it just happened randomly
I uninstalled it from my 4K Firestick and re-installed from Troypoint toolbox - but got the same version with the same problem - and there are no updates available which might fix the problem.

have you attempted to update?

There are no updates

what version do you have?

Good point. :+1:
I had been using version 20.90 - and the version I downloaded from TP Toolbox yesterday is the same. In Settings, I have it set to ‘Notify about the update’ but have received no notification - and have also tried ‘Check for the update’, which tells me that I’m using the latest version.
Apparently there is a new version - so I guess I should either go looking for it somewhere or wait until an update shows up on the version I’m using.

Frustration!!
I looked on smarttubenext.com and found the new version 21.29. Deleted the old version and followed instructions to download the new one. Opened the new version and logged in only to find that the problem still existed - and when I checked in Settings it showed version 20.90. :man_facepalming:

strange. I’ve never used the regular version and have always gone with the beta which is currently 21.29 and never had issues…jus’ sayin’. All the beta is is one version up(latest) from the normal one.

Took your advice and downloaded the latest beta version (21.33) - but the problem is still there. Am now wondering if it’s something to do with either my Firestick or my TV.
Will give up now and just deal with it - probably until a Firestick alternative becomes available in the UK market.

Thanks for all your words…

I know you’ve probably tried this, but since you didn’t mention it have you tried clearing the cache and/or app data in the app? Also have you tried powering off the Firestick for few minutes then back on?

Yes - I’m one of those types who hates to leave power on overnight, so I switch everything off.

I must admit I hadn’t thought about clearing cache - as I only downloaded this version today. So just tried that and it it didn’t work either - but thanks for the ideas anyway. :+1:

Ok. Seems like you’ve tried everything except clearing the app data, have you tried that? :grinning:
One other thought… I’m using an older version, it’s 19. something. I usually don’t update an app unless something quits working for me or I have to. My thought was, instead of updating how about trying an older version that previously worked for you?
Went and looked at my version, it’s 19.17 and it works fine still. Here’s a link to it if you’d like to give it a shot, just in the chance it might work for you.
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTube/releases/download/19.17s/SmartTube_stable_19.17_armeabi-v7a.apk
Downloader code: 574053

1 Like