SmartTube issues

Miracle of miracles - using that version did the trick!! Thank you…

One odd thing I noticed - I use a Launcher (Projectivy) to avoid all the Amazon rubbish, and each time I uninstalled the app then reinstalled a newer version, it would appear in the same spot in the app list. This time though, it appeared first in the list - which seems to suggest (to my simple mind) that some sort of gremlin remained for the first few times I uninstalled it.

Not to worry - problem sorted. And thanks again for your help/advice…

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad to hear it worked for you :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yep, I’m still plugging along with 19.81. Works perfectly and only use it maybe once a week – no updates for a year or two+. Won’t update until I have to.

I was using version 15 something and it stopped working right yesterday. I updated to this version and seems good again. Thanks!

Tonight I tried to watch SmarTube. I didn’t get my usual UI. Got a screen that says “Can’t load content” with 6 possibilities why, and a Sign In click. That gives me a QR code to log in. Looks like YouTube has hijacked it. I somehow got to one of my channels and watched an episode, with YouTube annoying commercials. But mostly, all my configuration is lost and SmarTube doesn’t work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it with no change. Another gut-punch from billionaires?

mine works, just checked. im on v 21.54 beta

You used the version in Troy’s Toolbox?

Yes, I did on the re-install. But my previous version that had been working perfectly before suddenly came up with the problem.

I reinstalled again. Stable direct from Github. Same result. Will not work.
When I try Login from browser, screen goes black and nothing after that.

I had issues a couple weeks ago where it wouldn’t play videos. Then I realized I had an old version. I updated it via Troy’s Toolbox and it has been fine since. My 5 year old uses it constantly, so I had to get it fixed or never hear the end of it lol. Not sure why yours is acting like this, very odd.

I have 21.62 SmartTube beta

yep im on 21.62 also. Smartube is very active in development :+1: