Smart 4k TV without the huge price tag

Hey Everyone,
Just got a new smart tv delivered that purchased on Prime Days. Been in the market for 4k TV, but the OLED 4k is out of my price range, esp. if you want to get some specs that will keep it from being obsolete in just a couple of years.
Well, I found our TV. It is a QLED 4k 75”, with 1000-nit HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos,120 Hz refresh rate,Bluetooth, LAN, 4HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, Ethernet, built in Alexa and Google Assist, Android OS, WiFi. Like I said, just couldn’t get past $3k price tag for an OLED tv, but with this device got most everything else and for $930. It is very customizable too. I couldn’t be happier and kinda think with my old eyes, don’t think I would be about to distinguish between OLED and QLED.

5 Likes

What make is it? :beans: :beers:

1 Like

It’s a Hisense U7G series

So I’m curious. What amount of RAM does it have? Storage? Processor and GPU speed? Will you use this without a device added? TX @Sbrowne126

1 Like

does it run on gas or is it a hybrid?

1 Like

Is it solar powered or wind?

1 Like

Hi @Miki
Here is a review I used to help me decide, plus I used some discussion here on the forum.

1 Like

Hey @TXRon
Hard to tell these days, but guessing leaded?

1 Like

Hi @TP-Dracoo
I suppose it depends from day-to-day and the amount of climate change; lol :joy:

Well I’m very curious about your experience regarding just using the TV without a device attached. Please let us know. Tx.

2 Likes

@Miki
So, I haven’t really used it much without using my UGOOS AM6 B Plus, so I’ll report back here after I get a chance to give it a go. I can also say, I decided disable most of the smart tv stuff. It does come supported with Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Disney+, tubi, and peacock; but I can get everything those services offer, without subscribing.

Thank you I am looking for a new TV now looking at Vizio I have two but my main TV 55 in Philipps 15 years plus. My speed is max 25plus live in the country. Buffering is a problem bought a new TP Link really helped. My IP Varnish just updated which seems better. Troypont videos are awesome. I feel a new smart TV 4k etc will also. help. I also may get the Syncler plus with Real DeBrid watched videos also. Question will this help with the Buffering? Thanks again really appreciate all the great information.

1 Like

Ahhh ok. Don’t sweat it my friend I was just curious. A quick side note. My powered Mays hubs arrived and I added one onto my Max, took out the OTG cable and plugged the existing USB drive and a mini keyboard dongle and with the powered hub plugged directly into the Max it works perfectly.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

@Miki
Help me out with something, your new Hubs, do those allow you to connect multiple devices and run them without a drop-off of speed? I don’t know what Hubs do, so appreciate learning.

1 Like

It has 3 usb ports and an ethernet port. I actually only use 2 ports. One for a Sandisk 3.0 USB drive and one for the keyboard Dongle. I was going to add another USB drive formatted for “external” but after doing some research I found out that the Max will only recognize one extra Drive at a time. Oh well. As far as speed goes any apps on the drive seem to work without slowdowns. I do keep Stremio and TiViMate on the Max as it now has tons of free space.

1 Like

Ok, good to know; once again I have learned something today. Thank you.
I recognize that the tv, doesn’t have all the latest bells and whistles, but I think it has enough other quality stuff to keep it from being obsolete in a year or so, plus the price is within my budget. So for better or worse, I think it will work just fine for what we do in our home. Once I take the opportunity to play around with it more, I’ll update what I find out.

2 Likes

as a side note with using powered hubs. Occasionally the hub will put out too much power and conflict with the host device. A remedy would be to cut the power to the hub as most likely the device already has enough power for the hub to operate. Basically the tv box is powering the hub thru usb on its own.

1 Like

This hub is self powered. I plugged it’s power cable into the Max brick and then plugged the micro USB from the hub into the Max. Works perfectly.

2 Likes

I just left Walmart and saw they had a $298 (sale price) Vizio, full array LED. I’m having trouble not buying it even though I dont really need it lol. I think that is a really good deal…it is a 50".

2 Likes

Sounds like you got yourself a nice screen for streaming. Enjoy :tv:

:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

2 Likes