Smart 4k TV without the huge price tag

Looks like a really nice unit for the price point. Full array local dimming with 90 zones is pretty good. And even though it’s a 120Hz native refresh rate, I would still turn the ultra motion feature off. Not sure how bad the soap opera effect is, but I can’t stand watching anything that looks like unnatural motion.

Hey @Jayhawks659
Thanks. Did exactly that and am with you on the whole soap opera effect. It’s not OLED and doesn’t have some other bells and whistles, but like you said not too bad either; got a lot of good stuff for the price.

1 Like

omg, i hated that soap opera motion crap… My very first flat screen did this, drove me nuts. Soild tv choice sir. When mine dies it will be an oled unless some sorta of hologram vison comes out.

2 Likes

Hologram Vision! How cool would that be!!

I was scared to go OLED when my main TV had a picture issue. I keep reading about their “burn-in” issues more than the QLEDs. I think you made a good choice.

Pshhhh they said the same thing about plasma and I never had a problem. All scare tactics to get you to buy an LCD. If you use it as a TV and not a computer monitor then you’re fine.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with you lol. But the OLED price tag along with that scared me off. My 65" QLED has a beautiful picture, for what it’s worth.

Yeah, I bought a TCL 55" a few years ago that is perfectly fine. But now that Samsung started making their own OLED panels other manufacturers might follow. It’s no longer just LG. That should drive prices down. In a couple of years as the prices come down and the brightness goes up I might make the switch to a 75" OLED.

2 Likes

It does seem great but I see RTINGS also says this,
“Unfortunately, as expected for a VA panel, the image degrades when viewed at an angle, and unlike the more expensive competitors, there’s no wide-angle filter.”
What is your experience with … viewing at an angle??
I also see this, and you have the 75"
" Update 09/02/2021: The 75" model has an IPS panel, so we expect it to have much better viewing angles."

I have stayed with the Samsung line and have 5 of them. The last TV I bought in Dec 2021 has the Samsung network free streaming.

Thanks for the question. I have made it a point to sit and watch at different angles. Where I don’t customarily watch from either side, so this wasn’t an issue for me, I will say at severe angles where I was nearly dead even with the TV, the picture did fad, however at usual viewing positions, The quality of viewing the screen was ok.

Here’s my biggest TV gripe.
RANT:
They can make all these (many useless) features, 3D, 4k(sparse content), 8K(no content), HDR etc etc etc.
But they can’t make a TV that you can view in full color etc… AT AN ANGLE!!!
Give me a break.
Come on man.
I don’t remember viewing angle problems with my old Plasma tv from many years ago.

Well I guess if I pay $3,000 or more I can have good viewing angles… but with the old Plasma burn-in fear again !
Back to the future.
Good grief.
END-RANT.
Of course, that’s only my opinion, I could be wrong.

Sparse content for 4K? Nearly every new movie or show I watch these days is in 4K. Even OTA local channels are switching to 4K now.

1 Like

There’s a simple way to get around viewing angle problems and motion blur… They are called projectors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.